1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Potluck party games?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by shubhasiddharth, Jan 29, 2010.

1. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

We often have potluck happening amongst our friends.We often end up playing the same kind of games.Was just wondering if I can get ideas for potluck party games?None have kids so far and so that leaves us with couples.Also, any ideas for girls night in or night out party?Any help will be much appreciated.

2. mouni192

mouni192 Senior IL'ite

hi subha..
    i'm also so interested in potluck games..
    try Drumshalots..
    in this game when we give one word to others, then they show some action what the word is.. without talking...
    its really funny game.. make two teams..
    all the best..:thumbsup

3. manivannanlaksh

manivannanlaksh New IL'ite

what abt a pictionary game and also u can try lemon spoons,

4. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

hi subha,

These games we often play in our parties.

1.playing cards is all time fav game in potlucks .

2.Board games ,

3. Blindfolding game (the winner is the person who successfully identifies his or her partner in the crowd).

4." Bursting balloons" game is another couples game where the pairs can get a wee bit naughty.The male participant would be sitting cross-legged on the floor. The female participant, on the other hand, would be racing across the room to grab balloons. Every time she catches a balloon, she rushes to her partner and puts the balloon on his lap. Then she would have to sit on the balloon to make the balloon burst. The pair with the most number of balloons burst wins the game.

5."Give me some sugar"
    Partners must face each other with their hands tied behind their backs. Blindfold each player, and then put a sugary treat in one partner’s mouth (it could be a snack cake, candy bar, doughnut, etc.). If the treat is wrapped, they must somehow unwrap the treat, and feed it to their partner. The couple who finishes the entire treat first, without using their hands wins the game .

6.Musical chairs is fun too.

cheers:cheers
    sreya.

5. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

dumsharads, anthakshari,

uno , pictionery, poker, scrabble

6. srvaug

srvaug Senior IL'ite

UNO, Card games, movie quiz

7. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

We usually play dumbcharades, mafia (its really fun if you have many people), Taboo (you have to find a word with the clues given by the other).

For mafia game, you can search in google or wiki to get the details of the game.

-Uma

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

You can play
    1. Whats the good word,?
    2. Recipe game .............you have to write the names of different dishes (something unusual from your bisibela, rasam, etc) and ask the group (say husband and wife in one team) to identify where it belongs to. You then collect their sheets and see who has written the maximum correct answers. The dish names can be Indian (assamese, gujarati etc) or other countries.

9. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

wow..such lovely ideas and am going bonkers.Sreyavas, Sudha andAdvitha, I loved ur ideas a little more than the others because I havent thought/played them before.I am definitely trying them out one by one.Thanks a lot. Will tell you later as to how it went.

10. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

We have played an interesting game once..

Take 2 tooth picks and one round coin and ask people to sit on a round. You can ask them to make maximum numbers from it

For example : If we keep 1 toothpick vertically it becomes one... add the coin next to it and make it 10... similarly the person who can think of making maximum # of numbers wins!

Hope i was able to make it clear! It was a fun game though!