1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody planning vacation in this winter?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by skalluri, Nov 17, 2009.

1. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Its winter time almost and want to get away to hot places, trying to plan a vacation during thanksgiving or christmas time to westcoast or Florida.
    what are your plans? share your ideas which places you are planning to visit.

Sujatha.

2. srvaug

srvaug Senior IL'ite

Our winters here last for more than 6months :( we really cannot escape it much :rant
    But will be visiting NJ and CT(to my husband's friends houses :drowning) this thanksgiving or in December. Florida sounds soooo nice to me right now.
    My Degree friend(who we recently met on Orkut again :)) live in Seattle, once the finances are in order we might go there.

3. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Hey srvaug,

why dont you visit us when you are coming to CT :)

sujatha.

4. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

oo yes, winters are the best time for vacations.. but we're headed farther up north this year, for thanksgiving but it should be fun. last year we went to India :thumbsup

5. srvaug

srvaug Senior IL'ite

Sure will if you are comfortable enough and let me talk to my hubs too :thumbsup

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I remember the December that I went to Mississippi (can't get much further south than that in USA) and it was 19F :shaking: Go further south: Bahamas, Costa Rica, Mexico, Puerto Rico. There are often good deals especially last minute ones on Shermans Travel or Travel Zoo.

7. Gudiya

Gudiya New IL'ite

We are planning to go down south to Orlando for a much deserved break from the Canadian winter! :spin ( its gonna be my second winter here :thumbsup)

ps: Tashidelek, is it the Garuda from the Belur temple in Karnataka as your profile pic?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Gudiya:
    Yes you are correct about the Garuda (first one to mention also). Really magnificent workmanship in Belur and Halebidu. Interestingly, I have a Tamil Sri Lankan friend who looks just like this Garuda (minus the beak) and even built the same way. I have to wonder who the ancient model was for the sculptor.

9. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Hey guys, we are going on a vacation this Christmas time to Orlando, Florida. My MIL is here with us right now and want to take her to some warmer place so we chose Florida. Me and DH have already been there couple of years ago but it would be definitely nice to visit again. We live in St. Louis and it does get so cold. Anything to get away from the cold is fine with me.:thumbsup

Jaya

10. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

A vaccation- long or short sounds like a perfect get away for any winter...Hawaii is a great place to go around this time..but I guess we will be heading to Miami as some of the husbands friends are there..Cant wait for it..Festive spirit everywhere :)