1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Which parcel service is good for sending LCD TV to India

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by jaydevi, Oct 7, 2009.

1. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

It is not good idea to parcel the TV to india , it is better to buy there itself
    if you want to more info regarding shipping
    www.r2iclubforums.com

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friends,

Even i suggest to buy thereitself.

Because recently my sister family thought of sending LCD TV through my brother who came here for office trip to their inlaws. But after thinking of the customs in chennai and how our suitcase willbe handled during shifting they dropped it.

They ordered in chennai itself in show room, it was some 28 or 30" Samsung with other accessories was 34k itseems. Recently my parents even got thereitself Sonybrand, but i guess they got in gray market(Burma Bazaar), so price was little less compare to showroom.

Dad had many genuine friends in Burma Bazaar so he was able to get goodone ,orelse buying in gray market is sometimes risky.But showroom is best, as you get warranty and customer service.

3. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

She is not sending it in a suitcase...just inlieu of a suitcase...

Most TVs bought in US won't work in India due to the difference in Video standards (US --NTSC (30 frames with 525 scan lines) /(India--PAL (25/625)) --as per DH)

I think it is better to buy in India itself,as TVs manufactured in Japan are widely available in the Indian market as against the substandard Chinese ones in US.

If you still want to ship one,take the cargo route...