1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Advise to sell an apartment in Bangalore,India

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by reddyinusa, Jul 4, 2009.

1. reddyinusa

reddyinusa New IL'ite

Hi,

My husband and I own an apartment in Bangalore, HSR layout. As we are planning to settle down in USA, we have decided to sell it off. Any suggestions how to go about selling an apartment in India while we are in USA?

Can we rely on the real estate websites? Can anyone pls let me know any real estate people in Bangalore who are trustworthy and who can help me in selling my apartment?

Looking forward for your replies,
    Aps

2. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

You can go through this site :

www.yourmaninindia.com

This is a service offered by TTK to Indians living abroad. Whatever the need like for buying & selling property, increasing security for the same like fencing / compound wall etc. , or even getting a tenant, they will arrange. In many cases, the son who is married & settled in USA, arranges for someone to drop in every week and spend time with his parents who are lonely back home & arrange their medical appointments etc. They are very reliable and I know a couple of such cases where the visiting lady & the son's mother became very very good friends .

We have used the services of this site, [ because though we had family back home -- WE COULD NOT TRUST ANYONE ! ] while we had to sell our house in Tamilnadu, some years ago. Even now, we are in the process of finalising another property related matter with them. Their charges are nominal and their service is good and hassle free.

Hope this info. helps you .

Good Luck !

3. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Can you provide me the details about this apartment, you can send me a PM , as we are looking to buy one aprtment in Bangalore.

Thanks,
    Pandu

4. reddyinusa

reddyinusa New IL'ite

Hi Grace,

first of all, thanks for the reply. I browsed through their website. I found the fee to be minimal and they seem to be very clear in their approach. Do they get buyers for our properties? Or do they take care of the formalities after we find a prospective buyer? How is it handled?

Please advise

thanks
    Aps

5. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Hi Aps,

You are most welcome.

Yes, they will also get the buyer for you. They will advertise the property, place the 'For Sale' sign [ but obviously you decide the listing price ] and solicit any party who is interested. In case you are able to get a buyer, well & good for you . Because, in that situation, you don't have to pay the whole commission they charge. [In our case, we got the buyer by word of mouth -- a person living in the same area. So instead of the 3% commission, we made a deal of giving them 1% as commission. ]
    You can negotiate the % of commission because they haven't done any work to get the buyer. They will act as your representative in the transactions, handle the paperwork, transfer the deed, accept the advance amount deposited etc.

All the best.

6. lucky_bandi

lucky_bandi New IL'ite

HI Reddy,

Can u plz provide me the details abt your apartment.plz send me PM.I'm looking for an apartment in bglr.

7. reddyinusa

reddyinusa New IL'ite

Hi Bandi,

Send you a PM..

Aps

8. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi ReddyinUS,

I sent you a PM, but I have not heard back from you.

Thanks,
    Pandu

9. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Before you approach any real estate consultant like yourmaninindia, its wise for you to advertise in websites like sulekha.com, 99acres.com, craigslist etc.,
    This way you can save the commission and deal with things directly without much hazzle.

Anyway, since I am looking for an apartment in Bangalore to buy, Please let me know the following details for me to consider:

1. How big is the apt _area in SF

2. How old is this ? When was it built?

3. Who is the builder? - Any reputed BIG name builder?

4. What is the price and if interetsed, would you negotiate?

5. What is the condition of the apt? Need any touch up work or well maintained?

6. How Big is the community, is it a high rise or low rise and how many apts are there totally and how many in each floor?

7. Where exactly is it located - neighbourhood info..

8. How about the facilities around the neighbourhood like markets, hospital, railway station etc., and their proximity to this apt building.

Please provide the above info and a contact number for me to contact you in case i need to clarify any more info.

Thanx,
    GPriya

10. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Please send me a PM with the requested info along with your contact info.as it is a public forum, do not reveal your phone number in the forum.

Thanx,
    GPriya