1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Pooja room

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sorna, Jul 9, 2008.

1. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

Hello Friends,

how to setup the pooja room in an Apt? Any suggestions ?

i prefer a corner shelf not accesible to my son. Any suggestions for a Corner shelf? i have been searching for a long time.

2. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

Hi Sorna
    I use one of my kitchen cabinet as my Pooja place . Mine is a single bedroom apartment and it is carpeted . My little son is very curious and so i choose the corner upper cabinet for Pooja . I keep Swami photos in the shelf n deepam n agarbathi on the countertop . This place is exclusively for Pooja n i dont keep anything else there .

If you are looking for a seperate corner table u can check in ikea or other furniture store in your locality .

Regards
    Santasekar

3. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

Hi Sorna,

For corner shelf i suggest you to visit Home Depot or any home needs shops where you can find wooden shelves which are wall mountable in corners.You can place Vigrahas and photo frames on that.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    We also live in single bed room apartment. But I set up a separate
    place for pooja at the corner of the living room. I bought one wooden shelf
    with doors in walmart and it is nice to arrange vighrahas and photos of Gods.
    Some times my little kid tries to open the door. But I repeatedly say `NO`
    to her and she listens. If you want one shelf with door, it is available in Target.
    I prefer the pooja place as a closed one not at the open shelf.

5. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

i bought a wooden shelf with 3 racks from menards. i have kept it in kitchen so that the aharbhathi dust will not fall in the carpeted area. i have kept all the swami photos in the top rack unreachable to my kid and the other swami related stuff like kum kum sandal and others in a box which my kid cannot open. also i ahev kept a shirdi baba picture in the second rack so when ever she touches in the second rack i will tell her that is baba's plate and tumbler then she will not take...