1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling worried about going to USA

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by harinideep, Apr 12, 2015.

1. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

I am travelling to usa in july mid. I am feeling worried about going to USA as I am going with my baby ( she will be 1 year 2 month by then) .
    One guy had told that his son got very sick after going there .I am feeling very worried after hearing that . Should I take any precautions for baby health after going there.
    Please share your experience and precautions required for taking baby to usa

2. RajiiBala

RajiiBala New IL'ite

Hi Harini! Dont worry too much! Think Positve! :) You ll be entering in summer so no prob. But bring all medicines handy.. Bcoz in winter its too cold here.

May i know which place in US? Any idea..

3. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Hi Harini,
    You should be fine. Don't listen to anyone. Kids will initially get some cough or cold when they change places. But will not as serious as you think. Keep the baby warm if you are going to a relatively colder place. Otherwise it is all fine. Bring the medicines that you use in India to use for initial few months until you find a pediatrician.

4. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

i m going to austin which would b a hot place

5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP,

What kind of sickness that guy's son got? It is it related to seasonal allergies?

Other than that there is nothing to worry about as of I know.
    Please go through this article:

Seasonal Allergies (Hay Fever)

6. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

I do not know exactly .. but he has scared my hubby saying that the baby died out of sickness .. may be he is a negative person and was scaring him

7. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Welcome to USA!

I guess its natural to feel anxious when moving/travelling. Your kid will probably fall sick but its not going to be anything serious. All kids fall sick when travelling or later. Do get an immunisation summary from the current doctor. Also carry some medications for cough/cold and fever. Once here, you can get Acetaminophen/Ibuprofen from drug stores.

8. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Honey, dont be anxious. You are bringing your baby in Spring/Summer. By the time the winter arrives, your baby would be well adapted to the weather. Trust me, babies adapt more quickly than we elders. My niece was brought here the same time. The best part is she has no cold right from the day she came here till now. She came here when she was an year old. Now she is fours years old.

We have very very good pedriatic care than in india here. So no worries at all. Do bring some herbs or little dosages from doc if you can. that would help you. Lets be positive! Your baby would be fine!