1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Totally confused on relocating to US.. plsssssssssss give suggestions!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by DeepikaMP, Nov 17, 2014.

1. DeepikaMP

DeepikaMP Senior IL'ite

Hi ILs,

I'm in a very pathetic state now.. pls give your valuable suggestions and plsssss get me out of this pit.. I'm struggling a lot... pls help me..

Let me explain my problems:

1) Recently I joined my new company with a very decent hike and very good pay.
    2) Recently build a new house (individual house)
    3) Retired mother-in-law
    4) Brother is in US, so my mom also stays with me

Now my husband has got H1B visa. He might be travelling my Jan. I dont know what to do. Whether to accompany him or not??? The above said are my m ajor problems... what to do with my job, new build-house, mil and mother??????

Above all I find it very difficult to be here without my husband.. what shall I do:cry:

Please give your valuable suggestion and help me.. I have a 1.5yr old son as well.. very confused.. help me:confused2:

2. DeepikaMP

DeepikaMP Senior IL'ite

pls anyone give your suggestions.. I hope IL will give me a valuable guide and get me out of this struggle..

3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

How long is your husband going ? Short term or long term ?

What is his plans, like he wants you to join him ??

If long term i suggest you go along with your kid...

Your mil and mom can stay in your new house together ?

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi DeepikaMP,

1. Heard that H4 can work now, or from next year. If so you can continue your career without obstacles.

DO ur research.

H4 Visa EAD Eligibility Rule 2014 – Summary of DHS Press release

good day care facilities in US, so ur son will adjust soon. At home u have to manage with a toddler.

2. You can rent your new house if your MIL /Mother is not staying there. or if they live there now, If you think big house for them , they can rent near by, and rent it out this hew house.

3 & 4. Do some temporary arrangement like tell a relative to visit and help with your mom and MIL by visiting now and then, Are they have to live alone totally if you r not there?

I would suggest to make use of this US opportunity,

one option is first let ur husband go, let him take apartment or house for rent , arrange needful, u and ur son can join him after 3 months or so.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I would be wary of the proposed H4 law.
    It only benefits people with approved I-140 or those completing 6 years on H1. So it will not benefit those with new H-1s.
    And with the current political climate passage of this law is not guaranteed.

3 people like this.
  6. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

The root of the problem is your DH getting the H1B visa. What is the rationale behind that when you are not in a position to go? Did you think through before taking that step.

Ask him not to go. He can tell at work that there are some family commitments and he is unable to go at this time.

7. kirthi82

kirthi82 Gold IL'ite

HI,
    AS you said ur brother is in US. You can send your mom to him and take your MIL with you. Try through ur company for an onsite oppurtunity where ur hubby planned to go.

3 people like this.
  8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Although I normally think that married couples should not do long distance, I think that your husband, if he is definite about doing this, should go on ahead and then decided after say three months what you are going to do. There are so many what if's for this that pulling apart what you have should not be done lightly. Let him be sure of job, find a decent place to live, etc etc before you think about coming.

9. DeepikaMP

DeepikaMP Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm also asking my husband to say no for his trip. But he says we have too many commitments hence we need to go. but yeah thats true only. and I cant ask for onsite in my current concern as I said earlier I'm new to this concern, not even 3months. so onsite is not possible. And definitely we are not going together. He is travelling first and myself and my son may be after 3months.

and H4 visa ant work :( the law is for one who is willing to stay for long period. And I ve only this option left. as kirthi said need to ask my bro to get my mom and I need to take my mil with me

can anyone pls say if my husband after reaching there can avail for B1 visa for his mother?? is that possible?? else we should be thr atleast for certain months or yrs to avail B1 ?? anyone pls confirm this..

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Your MIL can apply for her tourist visa at any time. Your husband can send supporting documents, but she is the one who has to apply. She just needs to show strong ties to India. A maximum stay of 6 months is given upon entry.