1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Working after getting GC

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by joyishere, Jul 14, 2014.

1. joyishere

joyishere New IL'ite

Hi,
    I would like to know if there are any ladies who actually started to work after getting their GC. How long was your career break? How easy was it for you to find a job ? Please reply

2. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Lot of ladies start working after getting EAD and not wait until getting the GC. Getting a job is a combination of luck and effort. Good luck!!

1 person likes this.
  3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I started working after around 13 years of gap. I had never worked after my grad as I was married by that time. I will not say it was easy, there were lot of depressing moments, but somehow I managed to make a career.

There were lot of girls, with same gaps who studied with me and all of them who did not take another break in the middle started working, though everyone struggled a bit in the beginning. BTW.. we all did QA :D

Even I would say, its 50 Hardwork and 50% luck with my kind of break.

2 people like this.
  4. joyishere

joyishere New IL'ite

5. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

@justanothermom

can you please give some tips on how did you cope up with work. I mean after 13years of gap and no work experience how did u start. What are the things you did. Am on h4 now but want to be ready by the time I get GC. Have no prior work experience nor I have technical background. I don't know from where to start. Thank you :)