1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

feeling very lonely in usa..

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by anika987, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I loved reply from FROMMARS..this is exact one of reason why I always advocate India when some one says I am feeling lonely in USA. Same with me, some day I do not talk even a single person till I reach home. But if I were in india, I must have talk with many starting from guard in office to canteen accountant to team mate, bus mate , security person in office and neighbors. Few people may not like this but for me it's full time pass instead of sitting 24 hours infront of computer/TV or reading books.

2 people like this.
  2. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Hi reshmi, I can understand your situation. Though you like this place, you don't love it or feel belong to it. Though you are busy you can't find it enjoyable. Did you talk about it with your DH. Do you have any plans to return back to India or settle here. What are the reasons that is holding you guys here.
    If you have to put an end to this situation, have a detailed talk with your DH.
    Write down the pros and cons for staying here and the same if you are going back to India.
    See what you want in life and take decision based on it.
    Everybody's life is different, some like to settle here but some not. So you can't decide based on others. It's up to the individual.
    Here, which is best, east or west is not the problem. What suites you is the question.
    Also think about the future. What your are going to do after your kids got settled in life and moved away.
    If you are planing to go back to India in old age, start planing now itself where you are going to settle. Like buying house, settling nearby relatives, keep in touch with friends.
    Keep in touch with friends and families, so that you don't feel left out after returning back.
    hope I helped you in some way.

1 person likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

definitely Cinderella ! thx to fb I have touch with Indian friends

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

try going to gym? u can meet more people there..friends or not at least someone to talk to!

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

tough kavxav but u seem like one strong woman! u. have good interests..I wish u all the best!

1 person likes this.
  6. lalithabrahma

lalithabrahma Bronze IL'ite

Reshmirajan...Nice to see your input and just do ONE thing differently and share here. Can be doing some embroidary work OR learn to sing a song OR take a picture of beautiful scenery...It will boost your self esteem and make you feel good.

Pearly86 and KavXav20, appreciate your courage in sharing.

Great input form MaliniHari and Anmolhai

1 person likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks sandip and lalitha:)

great answers and advices..I hope this thread will benefit many ladies..

more inputs and tips are welcome:)

8. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

To alleviate any form of negativity from your mind.....do listen to the different religious /motivational discourses from the shreyas website. You can have your pick from there.Once you start listening and understanding them,you will never be alone and time will just fly.
    Think and appreciate all the blessings in your life.
    You have a roof over your head,food and the necessities are taken care of...
    You have good health.
    Only your mind needs the nourishment.
    Hope this will help you.

1 person likes this.