1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

tough to make friendship in USA??

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by anika987, Jul 26, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Some Women seem to be involved in petty gossip,back-biting,jealous.

I never had a good experience.The good ones I met moved to India for good.

Basically some women use you to their advantage esp if u know driving etc.

There is absolutely no connection with anyone.Back in college,my tolerance level was high and friendships were ok to maintain and adjust.Now,with lots of responsibilities and stress..I really do not feel to make an EFFORT to make friends.It gets so tiring.

Some people have so many friends,have so many get togethers..how come they manage?are those ladies easy going?

2. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

its usa, people like to hang out only with someone who are well settled, who they think are beneficial to them,
    i see people going here and there gossiping about everyone thinking they are only good once, they got nothing to regret about, lot of things happening like this, because of this kind of issues even thou there are many relatives here and there but they are not in good terms. this is all because of jealousy but nothing else. hard to make conversation with anyone cant help it but just to move on.

1 person likes this.
  3. janani9486

janani9486 Junior IL'ite

as far as my experience goes ppl here think twice before they at least smile and only ppl who hav kids do talk to each other and get along well....

1 person likes this.
  4. attentivegirl

attentivegirl Silver IL'ite

Yes I agree with you guys, People are mean, i mean the Indian people are mean most of the time. They want to befriend only when you are do a good job and well settled. The more you earn the more people will talk you at their houses for parties n stuff. Driving is a big privilege in usa, if you are driving a car people would take undue advantage of that and you wont even know that.

1 person likes this.
  5. sweetgirl9

sweetgirl9 Senior IL'ite

there are very few people who look for real friendship here.All others move for some purpose and they try to take advantage of us.But its better to move with everybody to some extent and maintain distance in certain times to withstand a good relationship.Its better to say no whenever necessary.Its really lucky to get real good friends. But as janani said i find people get many friends when they have kids.
    I really dont understand why people change with their attitude until they stay here. Its not the same when they are in india.

sindmani and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Parvathy06

Parvathy06 New IL'ite

and only ppl who hav kids do talk to each other and get along well.... Janani, I have an answer for this...
    They want a company for their kids to play along and not for them... else the kids are turning to boredom which the parents cant manage.

1 person likes this.
  7. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

I am okay with Indians not talking but at least don't stare continuously as if you haven't seen humans :)

5 people like this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

That was funny sowmya:)) good one!

9. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I think as you grow older it gets difficult to make meaningful friendships. One no longer has the patience for a lot of things and priorities change.

There are many Indian families in my condo, all of them except us have children. Here is a funny story... There was one lady whom I would always bump into the elevator and she would never smile or say a word. Then one day my sil was visiting and she took her daughter to the lobby to show her the Christmas tree. This lady met her and was very friendly and asked my sil if she lived in the condo. My sil told her she was visiting us and the lady said that she did not know us or had heard of us. My sil told her "I understand once you have children you prefer socializing with folks that have children."

A few weeks later, another friend in the apartment had a pooja. I was there and this lady was there as well, I was playing with my friend's daughter and my friend introduced me to this lady. This lady said "Are you new here, I have never seen you." I did not know what to say and just nodded my head.

I personally think that friendships that are made for a reason, don't survive longer. You have to like each other and not tolerate each other so that your children can have playmates.

5 people like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

perfect arch!! To the point:)