1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

do the american companies give job opportunity to indians? just have a doubt

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by indubalram, Apr 24, 2013.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

I just have a doubt. Do Americans really give equal opportunity to Indians applying.Or do expect any good refferal from their employees or something similar to this. Im trying to apply and this would be my first job in USA. i Have good work experience in India

pl .give a honest reply,

tnx

2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Yes, they do. I used to work for an MNC in India, so had onsite (USA) experiences, and quit my job later. After 2 yrs break, I recently joined an American firm. I believe, if your communication is good, and you have a strong back-ground you could get in easily.

But, I hear they expect some amount of US experience atleast in your profile. I can not comment on that, as I already had US(onsite) based experiences.

3. indubalram

so how do i get this onsite experience?

4. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

ONSITE refers to a different working location other than the actual work location.

Sorry, if I had not made myself clear. I used to work for an IT company in India. As part of my job, I had travelled abroad (US, UK etc), and have worked in foreign countries(onsite), while still employed to my indian employer.

Later, I moved to USA after my marriage,and I did not find any problem finding a job in an American firm.

In your case, you just have to be patient, and wait for the right opportunities. Hope you have posted your resume in moster, indeed, dice, jobsdb etc.

Hope this helps. All the Best !

Cheers,
    JM

5. shireesha06

shireesha06 Silver IL'ite

Yes . I'm working for an american company from 2 yrs. They are very good if you have required skills and communication.

6. indubalram

its so disappointing for me, i ve applied for about 100 cos so far, but had not much response. the job requirements match so well to my profile but still no response. are they looking for experience in an american co.?

7. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

What is your visa status? Usually companies say upfront if they can sponsor or not. Bigger companies sponsor visa usually. If you are in EAD, it should be easier too. Do you use a good cover letter/email? The resume should be more Americanized format, highlighting the right things with boldened key words, short and crisp summary section highlighting your professional and personal abilities etc. Some of things might sound trivial, but they make a big impact.

8. seagreen

seagreen Gold IL'ite

A lot depends on your visa status. Which visa do you have?

9. indubalram

i have my green card now. but i ve no experience in america. i had been working in india till the time i got transfered here.

10. internet

internet Silver IL'ite

american companies employ indians..don't worry ..no discrimination :)..as someone suggested you shuld have a good resume and cover letter..

your resume work experience summary shuld list your tools/software or whatever things you worked on..your work experience shuld list the companies you have worked with, some details about your roles and responsibilities..your skillset..personal abilities like hardworker, team player etc..

cover letter should provide slight details of your role and companies you have worked for..you can also do a google search for sample resumes.

I responded to your post of " need ideas and suggestions ".

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013