1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

No more Pillsbury Atta / Sujata Atta in Bay area, in entire US

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by GPriya, Feb 4, 2008.

1. shrutiom

shrutiom New IL'ite

Hi Geeth Priya,

Pillsbury Atta is available in Walmart. But let me tell you its not the same as we get in India. Its brownish in color and taste is not good. I had tried it once and didn't like at all.

I like the "Swad" brand in atta here. Chapatis from Swad come out very tasty and in nice color.
    You can get Swad in any Indian Grocery Store.

HTH,
    ShrutiOm :)

2. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Did anyone buy Sujatha atta recently?

We happened to buy a bag last week, since there has been again a shortage on pilsbury and ashirwad brand attas. The atta is not at all good, its little bit of wheat and more of maida. I wonder how sujatha has changed now. Now thinking about buying King Arthur white whole wheat flour to try or mix this atta with red whole wheat flour (gold medal or king arthur brand) and finish it off.

Anyone in the same boat?

-Uma

3. pixelarch

pixelarch Senior IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Im using Sujata too since a long time. I guess im in the same boat, the current batch that i got seems to be from an old stock and its no longer the same quality as before.
    My friend has switched to Annapoorna this week and said its very good.

I plan to buy than once i finish this bag.

Is there a shortage ?

4. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

I have a grain grinder and buy wheat berries wholesale from costco. We grind out atta fresh. Comes out pretty good.

5. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi ,

i bought the pillbury last time it was too good. the swad chappathi flour is ok

be amma,

great idea.

6. deepa20

deepa20 New IL'ite

Hi,
    we get sujatha atta in bay area indian stores, i bought it last week from Fremont India cash and carry, u also get it in Milpitas New India bazaar. chk there. If u dont get, Sonali (Maya foods) is also good, tried it once, but uncomparable with sujatha or Pillsbury atta :(

7. Sonalinm

Sonalinm Junior IL'ite

In Kent,WA, we get Sujata aata at very low price $9.99/20LB bag.New store's name is Sunny

8. SashiVenkat

SashiVenkat New IL'ite

Hi Sonali, I live in Bellevue and make occasional visits to Kent. I have not heard of that shop, Can you please tell me the address or the phone number of that shop so that I can purchase Sujatha Atta there ? Thanks. Sashi.

9. ramabo

ramabo New IL'ite

Re: NO More Pillsbury Atta in Bay area,California

I have stayed in Bay area and tried Deep Atta. It is pretty good and you can make soft rotis too. You will deep brand everywhere in bay area.

10. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

hi sashi,
    here is the addrerss of sunney market:
    <TABLE style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 12px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>25414 104th Ave SE
    Kent, WA 98030

<TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px" vAlign=top>Phone:<TD vAlign=top width="100%">253-373-0028
    <TABLE style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 12px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>
    <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px" vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top width="100%">
    <TABLE style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 12px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011