1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Malayalam channels in USA

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by smileAlways, Jun 12, 2011.

1. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I want to have Malayalam tv channels.. The only site I know is watchsuntv. But they don't offer surya or kairali tv. Does anyone know any other site/paid subscription to get various Malayalam channels?

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

digitalstreams.tv has kairali and surya. But few channels are down at times.. Its paid subscription; $7.99/month

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

OP:
    I just got a Roku box since I am not going to pay for cable tv for the summer (at least) and they have a lot of channels of Indian programming (Hindi, Telegu, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil) and some of it is free but the premium stuff you have to subscribe to. I think if you have an internet subscription you can use that code through the Roku box. The Roku box allows you to watch streaming wireless on your tv. There is also a lot of stuff in other foreign language, and of course English. I initially was interested to stream Netflix but now investigating all sorts of other stuff. With Roku, you buy the box and that is all you pay for monthly unless you do any subscriptions so if you are ok with the free content, its very economical.

I have copied down as best I can the content that is Malayalam:

From Yupp:
    Free: Asianet News, Raj Musix
    Paid: Asianet News, Surya TV, Surya TV US Time, Surya VOD, Raj Musix

Channel Live: some music videos
    Paid: Surya TV Live, Kiran TV TEST Channel

IndiaWestTV:
    They only have one religious channel going but several Malayalam channels coming:
    Surya, Kiran, Malayil3D, Kairali but maybe all subscriptions also?

Reliable IPTV (subscription)

Bhakti Music

BoMTV (15 channels)
    free ones: MCN: live stream, NRI stuff, some music videos (rest are subscription)

MalayalamIPTV (subscription)

Not Indian channel but may be of interest: subscription channel to 24 hour cricket games, also some yoga channels (some free, some paid).

4. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Thanks Writeme. Channel list is much better than watchsuntv. In watchsuntv also sometimes some channels are down. Can you tell me if there is any buffering/ streaming issue you experienced with digitalstreams.tv?

5. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Thanks tashidelek...I already check roku.
    But the only Malayalam channel I will be getting is surya tv which comes for $15 monthly,
    which is not worth for a single channel, especially when i can get a bunch of another channels online for a lesser price. Even if I get kairali also, there will we another subscription charge. But the advantage is we can change the channels with tv remote.

Thanks for your detailed reply..

6. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Earlier I watched channels thru windowstreams for $10 per month.. Recently their service has been really bad and I moved to digitalstreams. It's better and monthly fee is also less. Not all the channels are up all the time. But I find Asianet channels up almost all the time, and those are the ones I watch mostly. (Asianet India, USA, Plus and news) There are no buffering issues. I have been using this only since a month now.

If you want to try, you may subscribe, and cancel with in 24 hrs if you are not satisfied. They say they'll give a full refund.

Indu

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

As to the Roku, the channels available are increasing daily/weekly so if you investigated before it might not be current. You might just look at each plan I noted (especially BomTV) and just double check.

8. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Anyone knows any malayalam channel packages on ROKU that offer Asianet and Surya together? I'd been using entekeralam, but thatz no longer available. BOM has Asianet, but no Surya; MalayalamIPTV has Surya, but no Asianet. Im looking for any other services that has both these channels on Roku..Any inputs?

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Anyone using yupptv for malayalam channels?

10. sreena12

sreena12 Senior IL'ite

Nitha,

I use turbo tv for mal channels