1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed with Preethi Mixer Jar

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by jazzyqueen, Feb 9, 2011.

1. jazzyqueen

jazzyqueen New IL'ite

Hey Ladies...

I have a Preethi Mixer that I bought from India. Its been working fine for the past year and a half. Among the three jars that are given, the medium sized jar's blade is stuck and is not rotating. At first, I thought there was some problem with the jar coupler. so i followed the instructions given in the manual and replaced it with a new jar coupler. But this didnt help. So i guess it not the jar coupler or the motor which is the cause of the problem. I am clueless as to how I can fix it!!! Plllsss help me out if you've face any similar situations. I use the mixer frequently..so cant wait to get it back to its full usage!!
    Thanks a bunch for the help in advance!!!!!!

2. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

hi jazz,

Couplers sometimes get stuck.Pour hot water in jar and keep it for 40 min - 1 hr and see. If it does'nt work keep hot water filled jar in another hot water vessel for some time and see.

Hope i am clear.

3. Sirishasudheer

Sirishasudheer New IL'ite

Hi Jazz,
    I am in the same situation . I am about to follow madhurisatya's suggestion but just curious whether it worked for you or do u have more suggestions....

4. lav2010

lav2010 New IL'ite

I had the same problem, my FIL fixed it..he didnt remove anything, jus greased the inside of the jar near the blades with coconut oil and rotated it... after this , without washing the jar , give a dry run for couple of times. then your mixie jar will be fine..

5. reddysp

reddysp New IL'ite

Thank you lav2010. I had the same problem and your solution worked pretty good. Took less than 10 mins to resolve the issue. I just used simple cooking oil . Took a Tbsp and just kept repouring the same things on the blade mutilple times to make sure it touches all sides.

6. ownprincess

ownprincess Bronze IL'ite

Thanks lav2010..
    Your suggestion worked for me too. :)

7. sridevi118

sridevi118 New IL'ite

Hi Lav 2010
    Your tip worked for my Preethi Mixie Jars and they are now spinning like nothing happened at all. Thanks for sharing.

8. Venireddy

Venireddy New IL'ite

Hi all,

I need help in finding preethi mixer jar separately. I have preethi blue leaf platinum mixer. I need 1.25ltr jar. Please let me know if we can buy anywhere.

thanks,
    veni reddy

9. bayareagirl

bayareagirl New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am the newest member of this forum but have been using it for a while in google search. I had the same problem with preethi mixer and was so disappointed that I have to either send it back to India or order a new one in Amazon. I tried this technique and worked like a charm!!! Saved me a ton! Thank you ladies. Btw, its interesting that I tried sesame oil but didnt work, worked with coconut oil only. Anyways, I am happy!!
    Thanks again!

10. Poongothair

Poongothair New IL'ite

Thanks so much. Oiling the blade really worked. It was done in 5 minutes.

Awesome!