1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Blood Glucose Testing

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by chinnirekha, Jul 4, 2010.

1. chinnirekha

chinnirekha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends ,
    I want to buy Blood Glucose testing kit to take india . Which is good brand ? What is the difference between OneTouch Ultra and OneTouch Ultra Mini ? Anyone help me out.....

2. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

hi
    iam using OneTouch Ultra for past 3 years without complaint.....
    it is good and perfect..my experience

sorry i don't know the diff bet OneTouch Ultra and mini
    regards
    mrs.n

3. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Hi Mrs. Jayanaresh,
    I bought onetouch ultra2 for my mom in india when i went for vacation 3 months back. i thought everything needed to test would be inside the kit, but they couldn't use it as it had only the instrument. they also didnt know what to buy there in india. so can you please tell me what are all the extra needed things that i had to buy here and how effective is it to use?
    Thanks in advance,
    Priya

4. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Hi

You have to buy strips ( to put the drops of blood - 25 strips in a small bottle - --- so 2 bottles in a box) and needle ( Minimum 100 needles in a box is available).

Surely the needle PEN is inside the pack know. Usually in a pack = blood testing machine + needle pen + 10 needle + 5 strips should be present.

I bought like that in UAE.

How to Use One Touch Ultra Diabetes Test Strips

<!-- google_ad_section_end() -->Contributor

<!-- google_ad_section_start() -->Using One Touch Ultra Diabetes Tests strips to check your blood glucose levels is a simple process. The test strips are easy to use and you can have your blood glucose results in a matter of seconds. You must have a glucose monitor and a finger lancing device in order to perform the test. The testing strips vary in price, and can be purchased in small or large quantities. The One Touch Ultra Diabetes Test Strips can be used with almost all variations of the One Touch glucose monitors.
    <!-- google_ad_section_end() -->

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> jQuery('.intro .thumbnail').each(function(i,e){ jQuery(e).find('img').one('error',function(){ jQuery(e).remove(); }); }); </SCRIPT>Difficulty: Moderately Easy
    Instructions

<!-- google_ad_section_start() -->Things You'll Need:

• One Touch test strips
    • Finger lance - needle pen
    • Glucose meter
    1. Step 1
      Insert your test strip into the glucose meter. Insert the end of the testing strip (the part with the two metallic strips) into the test port, or the hole at the tip of the glucose meter, face up.
    2. Step 2
      Turn the glucose meter on. Check that the code number for the strip matches the code on the meter. If it does not, you'll need to code the machine again.
    3. Step 3
      Prick yourself with your finger lancing device. Make sure the depth setting is appropriate for you; too low of a setting will not draw an adequate amount blood and too high of a setting is painful. Also be aware that the nerve endings in your fingers are most sensitive at the tips. Lancing the side of your finger is not as painful.
    4. Step 4
      Squeeze around the area you lanced to produce a droplet of blood. If you did not produce an adequate blood sample, hold your hand down and squeeze gently, using your thumb and index fingers.
    5. Step 5
      Touch the blood droplet to the testing strip. Hold until the small window (on the edge of the test strip) is full. Wait for your results to be displayed on the meter display window

Regards

Mrs.N

5. chinnirekha

Hai Jaya naresh ,
    Thanks for your response and detailed explanation abt insructions to use.

6. chinnirekha

Hai ILs,
    Please tell me the difference betwaeen Onetouch Ultra and One touch ultra mini if anyone knows ?

7. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Hai friends
    I bought One touch ultra for my mom in india when i went last year. It is really good. But one things u have to buy the needles and the test strips, that doesn;t come with the kit. i bought both needles and test strips for my mom. Sometimes the strips may not be available.The needles are cheap but the test strips all bit expensive. Try to check and ask someone in the shop about that before buying.

8. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Thanks Jayanaresh and vidu24 for your help.
    Priya