1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions needed...

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Monsi, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi you all,
    Is anyone using a Dishwasher? I want to know how much it is useful in the indian context? I always like dishwasher as I have used them whenever i have been abroad. But I am not sure whether they are useful in India. Besides I am sick and tired of the Maids here who do not come exactly when you want them to come the most :mad: .
    Please suggest me if I should go for a dishwasher. What are the brands we get in India (I know only IFB). And what are the problems or concerns related to it.

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

HI

Dishwashers are not successful in india, as our cooking is on the stove and doesnt involve baking or microwave even that much... If you use dishwasher in india, maximum help would be in washing china dishes and glassware... what would you do with Pressure cooker.. or kadhayi or other vessels...

A maid is anyday better than a Dishwasher, so better find a maid who is regular... rather than, washing pressure cookers and vessels on your own and spending a fortune buying a DISHWASHER, which can only wash a few plates or glasses..

~Abha

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Monsi,
    even I am having a thought about buying a dishwasher. I asked our members who are abroad and many recommend it. I think you can find out more in the General Discussions - USA and Canada sub forum about this.

4. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi Monsi,
    Ive heard that siemens dishwasher is also gud apart from IFB..
    Check out this site
    http://www.compareindia.com/NewSearchresult.asp..
    It compares various brands of dishwasher and gives a complete review of all the products
    But in india dishwasher is not a hit and most of then prefer maids over the machine

Cheers
    Ramya

5. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Monsi,

As they told Dish washer is not that much useful in India. Instead you can

appoint a maid for that. You can approach 'woman employment' agent to get a

good maid and she will be reliable also. Try . ALL THE BEST.

6. subbi

subbi New IL'ite

hi every body
    I bought a dishwasher 6 yrs back. it is not useful for milk and rice cooked vessels.at the most you can rewash all the vessels washed by maid. it does the rinsing in hot water. Investment in india for a dish washer is not a worthy proposition. i have bought aIFB . it is a good product.
    subbi[usha

7. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks to all of u to reply my question and giving ur valuable suggestions :-D

8. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi Monsi,

My mother has been using IFB Neptune DW since the past 3 years. Except for a few aluminium pans, we use it for everything. The B'lore staff from IFB are very helpful regarding detergent supply and service.

Nikhath

9. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nikhath,
    Thanks :-D I am still in deciding stage whether to go for it or not. At least when the maid is not there, it is a great help and that's what I want. Even if it cant wash all kinds of utensils but at the end the no of utensils for me to wash will be very less :wink: My hubby is also in favour of DW.

10. revathyramesh

revathyramesh New IL'ite

hi

Most important think in india .Water suppy in your place is good.then u can go for it.u said u have been in abroad.so u know well what vessels to use in dishwasher.my sil who is in usa .she use all kind of vessel in dishwasher.

boxes we use in microwave comes in all sizes.u can use those too.like glad,rubbermaid .

revathy.