1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teen paralysed after rebuke on reality show

Discussion in 'TV' started by ramyanand, Jun 28, 2008.

1. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

hi ilites
    I happened to read this news on TOI..i was really very much shocked..Ive been thinking abt the reality shows in which kids r put into lot of pressure..i really pity them..they "act" like celebrities in the shows..They no longer behave like kids of their agebonkStudies even show they r prone to behavioural probs in future...Pls ilites pour u'r thoughts..

Teen paralysed after rebuke on reality show-India-The Times of India

2. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hi ramyanand

its such a shocking news.

n tht too considering the girls age its too terrible.parents shld atleast start realising now abt these reality shows .

bye
    raji

3. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

If the parents of the girl alove I can recommand few. Will anyone arrange a meeting?
    I was told that She has been admitted in NIMHANS Hospital, bangalore.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

I too was shocked when I read that news. Nowadays people crave for fame and money the easy way, they don't even spare the children. Acting in films etc. is okay for children as long as it does not get them wrong attention and change the course of their life. Parents do this for easy money.
    The realisty shows are getting nastier, I don't know why. I do not watch such programmes because again you get to see the same dance from the movies. In old times, this was called 'record dance' and looked down upon. Now this has become a custom in our country.

5. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

It was such a shocking news for me today................ yes, parents dont allow the children to be innocent, they want popularity through their child..............a child can take pressure according to his/her age and not as their parents which all the parents fail to accept.

let us leave them as children, let them play, be innocent, be smart.............God has decided something special for every child on earth.............why we hurry like this ???????????? just for few lakhs and fame.

love
    padma

6. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Yeah...

Shocking news, indeed.

In the recent past, I read about the "Silent hues" by Rohini. A wonderful documentary. In that too, she told about the real story of small children 3 -7 years old, how are they forced to go for acting by their father/mother.

For example.. A small boy (around 3 years old) who used to come with his father to the shooting place. And whenever, the child starts crying, a lollipop is given to him. What a pity ? And when his father was asked , why he is forcing his son to act, he is replying... "I could not find a place for myself in acting, let my son become a super star in future. So I have started to give training for him at this age itself and now he is earning Rs.20000-30000 per month and he is the bread winner for the family "

What a pity ? Isn't ?

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

though media has taken this case as a guide to make a documentary on reality shows or torture chambers. as a regular follower of the news, it is already told by the medical fraternity that she is suffering from a viral infection of a serious type.

But i would like to appreciate REnuka Choudary, Minister for woman and child welfare, when she quoted, "When your know your child is very sensitive about failures, why do you push them to these shows. and also blamed parents more"

I agree, and have been worried about the way the kids are being pushed prodded to join in tv reality shows. the pressure on the kids is enormous. the parents craving for the popularity even if it is through the children is really taking a toll on the kids...

Another thought that disturbs me, is why are the kids so sensitive these days,(inclusive of my children), or we cossetting them to much, and pushing them towards winning, that fear of losing drives them through mental agony.

AGain, we as parents have a more serious duty in hand, to teach them sportiveness. I have seen parents who are not sportive and make a big issue even if it is a friendly game, so obviously it rubs on the kids.

Somewhere down the lane, the thirst for money, popularity has pushed the sportiveness down the drain.

I am not against tv shows where there are quiz programmes or something for the kids. but now adays, there is a segment that is dedicated to the kids. Are we asking our kids to grow fast........???

Time to ponder over it....

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Stupids....

Thats all comes to my mind...

I guess we need to ban these reality shows.. this is getting too much out of hand..

Where is all those enjoyable games anymore?.... like siddarth basu's - what a nice programme.. learn something.. play some sports.. thats it...

Singing, Dancing.. is that all there to fun anymore???? No.. there is lot more and not necessarily in TV...

Parents shud stop living thru kids anymore... let them have their own fun.... pleaseeeeeeee..

9. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Its indeed a very disturbing news.

Lets pray for the quick recovery of the child.

Tough laws must be there for reality shows, who will go to any extent to gain higher TRP.
    Parents should also let kids be kids and not put or expose their children to unnecessary pressures beyond what they can handle.

10. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ramya,

It is very shocking news no doubt. I too go with varloo and padma. yes parents are doing this to earn more and get popular over night. Now a days, all most all the TV channels started this type of dance (Yukey, the children even dont know the meaning of the song and situation for which they are dancing. Horrible. I used to avoid such programmeRantworst parents) and they are not allowing children to be like children.
    mmmm..... after seeing this news let them correct themselves.

And also Shanthi said the kids so sensitive these days and no sportiveness. That is also one point to remember. But the main thing is all the parents want to become rich and want to get fame over night through their children.

Let me pray god for the girl. that is all I can do for that sweet young girl.