1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Making organic vegetable garden in terrace.

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Organichari, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Organichari

Organichari New IL'ite

Dear friends,

I am more interested in spreading importance of ORGANIC FARMING. I think the only way to spread it and get organic vegetables easy is... OBVIOUSLY OUR OWN ORGANIC GARDEN.

We can easily maintain an organic garden in our kitchen or terrace.

I am in Chennai (Thiruvanmyur). If Anybody is interested to start their terrace garden along with me, with zero budget, contact me.

I Have done some research work on Organic Farming, and my dad will also help us, coz he is an organic farmer in native.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
    1 person likes this.

2. rawatjaya

rawatjaya New IL'ite

Hi Organichari, thanx for d invitation. I however dosn't have a terrace but abalcony where I can fit sm pots, pls do advice what can I grow and how? Thank u in advance.

3. raamraam

raamraam New IL'ite

Dear Shri Hariprasath,

I am retired officer from a publice sector undertaking, am residing at Velacherry. I intend to create a terrance garden and having about 500 sq.ft open space. Kindly give me your valuable advices in this regard. If you want me to contact in person, please let me know. I shall call on you at your convenient time.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Hariprasath,
    can u give the details of organic farming, step by step in this thread? Many would be interested and will start doing that. I am also interested to know about organic farming, I have a large terrace.

5. mkpriya

mkpriya Senior IL'ite

hello friends,
    i am also interested in this organic terrace garden .will be helpful if some one post step by step procedure for this.i am i bangalore and have a big terrace.was tempted to grow veggies cing many articles in aval vikaten and senagathi.

priya

6. sivakamu

sivakamu New IL'ite

Hi am Sandhya from chennai just seeing your thread i registered to this site. am very much interested in organic terrace gardening . how should i contact you for further information..do send me ur email or contact number and also where to get supplies for organic in chennai , etc

the ppl from nursury for not much helpful they say we will arrange for you but we wont tell our secrets , understandable .

Am waiting to turn my terrace into a organic garden ..so do help me
    many thanks

7. sivakamu

sivakamu New IL'ite

Hi this is sandhya...i would like to know where can i buy vermi compost and other compost and other gardening products at best price ..also organic seeds too...am a biggner please do guide me ..

Also in this summer how do i take of the plants ?

8. sabibala

sabibala New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Very happy to know that there are so many green lovers. I reside at velachery and just started a veg garden in our terrace.. since it is very hot I have done shade with palm leaves. i tried to make compost from veg waste and failed. ants and some sort of insects were a big problem. can anyone suggest the exact procedure. thanks in advance.

sabitha

9. devikendai

devikendai New IL'ite

hello friend,
    i am great lover of organic vegetables. The vegetables wat we get from ulavar sandai and other markets are not good and they r full of pesticides.So i need to grow veggies inn my roof.can u pls tell me the steps to setup the garden:)

10. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I would be interested as well. Do let us all know: -)

Arch