1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Jasmine plant in US

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by pappuu, May 19, 2009.

1. pappuu

pappuu Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I am planning to get a jasmine plant which would smell good ,like how we have in India..

Can u please suggest me where to get those kind of plants in US...Also can u please tell me the name of the plant ..

Thanks

2. barani

barani New IL'ite

Re: Jasmine plant

U can Jasmine plants in houston and also online garden shopping and its called gardenia.google it online and u'll find it.

3. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

pappu,
    checkout this link
    Your Favorite Plants click on price list on left side, it shows you the indian name and the botanical name.

Also I bought mine at K-mart. it was some 'sambac' variety I can't remember. It's exactly the same as we had in india, this is the vine type and has been growing really fast and produces lots of flowers.

Checkout your local garden centers. (i haven't seen them in Lowes/Walmart etc.) but many greenhouses and garden caters carry them.
    cheerful

4. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Pappuu,
    I bought one from Lowe's and one from Walmart. I bought a big plant in April for $12 in Walmart. I don't think they have it now. You can try your luck. You can also buy online from Logee's Greenhouse. I bought curry leaves from Logees.