1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

My terrace garden

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

PS
    Very nice to see pictures Henna, Pavaza mallikai and a beautiful cacti growing in ytour garden. It must be delightful for you as well to go and have a look and enjoy these plants.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Pushpamam,

Thanks for taking the time to show me the pots.

I have the same size for the hibiscus and all. I do have one that is bigger than this size. so was wondering if you were using something on that size.

definitely we need to keep check on the branches and roots if we are going on the terrace, but the joy of watching them is worth it.

I am trying to get the yellow and orange hibiscus plants. only thing is before or after vacaton:hide:

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa ma'am,

Guess what!!!!
    Only couple of days back I wrote to you about me not being able to enjoy gardening, etc..And last evening, one friend presented me this marigold plant....I am excited :banana...Hope to protect it and see it grow and flower more.

Thanx

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Glad to hear that you got motivated to have a terrace garden. It is a pleasure to see our plants blooming and welcome us with a rosy smile. Wish you all the best to enjoy nature.
    Love,
    PS

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear AC,
    Yes, really it is a wonderful experience ot see our plants growing. The other day I felt so glad when I applied mehendhi to my daughter from the leaves plucked from our terrace plant. But there is also a nagging pain that the plants will feel our absence when we go for a holiday entrusting them to a maid. Though she will water the plants for the sake of the money she would be getting, the love and care won't be there.
    Whenever we go out of station we feel very sad.
    Love,
    PS

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Shanthi,
    It is better to get the plants after vacation. I feel that you also would be feeling sad to leave your plants unless some one is there to take proper care. It is very difficult to bring up a plant and takes lot of time. But if they are neglected even for a few days all the hard work get wasted. Last summer we were away just for a week, and though I instructed my maid to water them, when we returned we found all plants withered. My Dh and myself felt very sad.
    Love,
    PS

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Saraswathi,
    Beautiful Marigold in full bloom. Really it is a feast to the eyes! So your wishful thinking has materialisd. Take care and grow more!
    Love,
    PS

8. uma_vijayakumar

uma_vijayakumar New IL'ite

Dear Pushpa Mam!

I saw your threads reg. terrace garden. Really wonderful. I am also having some vegetable plants like beans, tomato, avaraikkai, ladies finger, hibiscus and rose plants on my terrace in pots. Mam, I have few doubts. Please guide me in this regard.

1. I have potted in sufficient sized pots only, with potting mix of sand, red soil and compost 1:1:1 ratio. Putting neem cake manure 15days once. I have planted the vegetable plants that I said 4months before. But it is not healthy. But, I saw all your plants are looking healthy. Please tell me what do you do. or what fertilizser you use.
    From last week I spray
    2. I am planning to plant cucumber, ash gourd, jathi malli in jute bag. I saw one of your thread having tomato plants in jute bag. How long is the life of jute bag you used.
    Can you please guide me? After seeing your garden I am very much motivated.
    Waiting eagerly for your reply.

Regards,
    Uma

9. jayarangan

jayarangan Silver IL'ite

Very nice garden.the bittergourd is yummy. the arali is also too good. Thanks for sharing.

10. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

hai
    very beautiful terrace garden. i am also planning to buy some vegetable seeds like bittergourd,lauki(milk gourd),ridge gourd and maybe some beans. hope this is the time to sow the seeds.