1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Plant tree in front of house

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by lalitha19, Apr 21, 2015.

1. lalitha19

lalitha19 New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am living in town at first floor. it is separate house with one floor.
    So on summer my home is so hot.
    I would like to plant a tree in fornt of my house to give shade..
    but that tree should be grown fast atleast within three years.
    can anyone please suggest me what are the plants are give shade to house and grown fast..?

Many thanks,

Regards,
    Lalitha

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i would suggest pungai maram or the indian beech tree a very shade giving tree. good oxygen producer. it takes very less to grow. easy manageable if you are not very fussy about leaves that fall. it has loads of medicinal benefits.

a family friend once told me if you want your children to study well, plant the indian beech tree in the front.. for long i did not understand what he meant by this. what was the connection between the two.

later understood that it was shady, gives more oxygen after bamboo.. it is also known for its immunity properties. and beech is considered sacred and the symbol of learning in many ancient communities. infact the first book is said to be from beech...

1 person likes this.
  3. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

You can plant ornamental bamboo saplings too. They grow very fast, give shade, do not cause hazards like toppling over walls etc, and can be cut off fast if you no longer need them. But, medicinal benefits are not there I guess.

4. akshayasr

akshayasr Senior IL'ite

If you dont want a tree.. and still looking for a solution to escape heat.. you can opt for "CREEPING FIG" plant.. this is a creeper and it will form a thick green coat over the walls with in few months.. and it reduces heat inside the building.