1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

help me to save my aloeveras

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by dimple7, Jul 7, 2014.

1. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

Hallo friends...i have aloevera in my garden for the past 2 years.
    Few months back we found a papya tree growing adjacent to one of the aloevera plants. So we had cut that papya plant but its roots are still there.
    Now few days back i noticed the root of papya became home for many small small worms and insects....and since the aloevera was near to it, the insects shifted and started to live in its stem too. It really shocked me. These insects are eating the aloevera stem from inside and hence that plant is on the verge of death. And these idiot insects and worms have spread in the soil too. That shocked me more. Because of continous rains these days....it became good for them.
    Now am afraid that these insects would spread to other nearby aloe plants too....since most aloe plants grow interlinked in the roots /stems.

Today i have spread bleaching powder on the plants and the soil ....i donot know if it will help

please help me ....what can i do to save my aloevera?

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Try gammaxene powder. You can spray the powder on the affected plant or you can mix it with water and spray. It is used as agricultural insecticide and we use it in our terrace garden.But keep it out of children's reach and also wash your hands thoroughly after using it.
    PS

1 person likes this.
  3. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

Hey thanks alot............

4. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

Ammulur......thanks for reply

5. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

But ......ammulur......my plants are in the garden and i cannot carry them elsewhere to wash them......or follow the detailed steps...as advised by you. Is there any simple procedure......like spraying something on the ground and plants, ...as tiny insects are living in the soil too.........and eating the plants.

6. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi dimple7, I am anupamag's DD and I am nine years old.

I do not know much about insects and alovera plants but I have one way I can help you this bleaching powder you put is actully harming the plant even more; but it will help the insects go away. If u can keep the alovera in the sun for a week,then the plant will get cured and the insects will die. Well, if the worms r earth worms then pls let them stay there. If they aren't earth worms then no need to do anything they will die with the insects in the sun.

I hope that remidie works and the plant is safe.:)

1 person likes this.
  7. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

thanks...dear friend for your post......

8. sharadau

sharadau Gold IL'ite

Hi Dimple you better remove the decayed papaya tree,the moist papaya stem will be a shelter for the termites,and do not water the alovera plant for few days alow the soil to dry close the pit of papaya tree, if possible spray diluted neem oil.

1 person likes this.
  9. murphybaby77

murphybaby77 Gold IL'ite

Bleaching powder will emit chlorine ,which is very harmful to the plants result plant may die.

only solution now is deroot the plant,plants from soil.(soak with water roots will come out.)without damaging the base root .if plants are in cluster ur lucky.sure one of them will survive.
    now do the treatment to the soil where u had papaya.tree.that tree is of tubular type ,hence it has sweet pith which attracts insects .
    as already said gammaxine is the best.expecially ant like insects and fungus
    since we donot know what type of insects are there,try this harmless home reamidy tooo
    yes in a bottle fill3/4 water,now add 2 to 3teasepooneach of haldi and hing powder.shake well.if kerosine is is availabLe u can add that also say a small cup.

shake well .put a hole on lid .now pour over the insects .on soil .and on the residual root of papaya.

now wash well ,then replant in a pot or at least in a thick plastic cover.it may be helpful to plant it later in the soil.

all the best. Give me the feedback.
    poorni

1 person likes this.
  10. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

hey thanks...........alot......really am happy to find a simple and good solution from you dear..but can you tell me how to diluted neem oil (after i prepare the neem oil)?