1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

back to gardening..

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Shanvy, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Had moved to a new place that was under construction and had to give away most of my earlier plants and herbs, and have started a small garden for the last 6 months..feels great.. and here is a glimpse into it.

I have been making my own compost, with vegetable peels, coffee grinds and much more..and it shows in the flowers and the leaves..

Most of them are from cuttings and seeds that i save from the vegetables and leaves that bought for home consumption..like mint, ponnaganni ( a leaf that is good for eyes..and is full of iron) from the twig off the bunch, and manathakkali (night shade) grown from the fruits that were in the bunch.

the sangu pushpam from a seed i got of the plant at a friend's place. betel from a clipping from another relatives place..

i am propagating the rose plants and have successfully planted in our common garden too..

the squirrels do not allow any of the hibiscus buds to bloom and we do not have any solutions,,even they bite the black covers i tie around the buds...:drowning:rant

Attached Files:

20 people like this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

some more....

Attached Files:

18 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

now the last tiny dots are a challenge for me.. when i went to buy plants at this nursery these succulents We Dig Flowers: Succulents | Vine (the green rose like) was being sold at 100-120rs per small one.. and i got this rotten twig with 2 small shoots from the friend in that nursery stating that i should give it a try..so keeping fingers crossed

Attached Files:

13 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you are pressed for space but love plants what is stopping you.. nothing absolutely try to grow them in anything.

everytime i look at these moneyplants, i think of children who can be guided in the right path with a little love and direction..i grow them in chipped mugs, oil jars, and anything...

Attached Files:

15 people like this.
  5. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Shanthi...Knowing that you have a green thumb, I am not surprised that you could do this :thumbsup. Lovely blooms.
    The pic of the rose is slightly blurry...I love ponnangani soo soo much.
    Is the last one (in 2nd pic) the omavalli ? Which is the sangu pushpam here?

How I miss gardening :(. But hope to restart that soon :). Lets see.

1 person likes this.
  6. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Its green & very nice Shanthi. Rotten twig will come up, dont worry.

1 person likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

saras, thanks buddy..the blue flower that is peeping in the second post, second picture.. i have also sown one pod of seed from a white one..and the squirrel uprooted the sapling that sprouted..

the rose is too big, and i took it from a long shot..yet the whiteness looks blurred... and yes that is omavalli..

seriously i am fighting against these small chirpy monsters....and i am sure you will start soon..come on buddy..

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Oh okay okay.. I didn't know the name. Thanks

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

no worries..it is just a challenge..will post when i get them to grow bigger... and how are you..

10. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

Looking very greenish ...superb garden work..

1 person likes this.