1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Often do you Share your Stories with your Neighbors or Friends?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by twinklingstar, Oct 1, 2015.

1. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

hello ladies,
    I just want to know that how often you people tell or share your family stuff with your neighbours or colleagues in office.
    I have very bad habbit of venting or ranting immediately and I cannot control my anger.
    If some fight or something happened in our family I share it with neighbour/ office colleague(only one who is so very close).
    Regarding office its ok as they don’t spread but after telling I really regret that they might spread with others.
    I also know this that secret is secret until it is with u….the moment u tell someone it is not secret…
    But can u ladies tell me that is it ok to share. If not then can you please guide me how u people keep such things only with ourselves without telling anyone.
    I just want to know that how often you people tell or share your family stuff with your neighbours or colleagues in office.
    I have very bad habbit of venting or ranting immediately and I cannot control my anger.
    If some fight or something happened in our family I share it with neighbour/ office colleague(only one who is so very close).
    Regarding office its ok as they don’t spread but after telling I really regret that they might spread with others.
    I also know this that secret is secret until it is with u….the moment u tell someone it is not secret…
    But can u ladies tell me that is it ok to share. If not then can you please guide me how u people keep such things only with ourselves without telling anyone.

2. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Start a blog.. write down your feelings.. ofcourse IL is the best forum to vent.. beauty of internet is anonymity..

2 people like this.
  3. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Never to neighbours, n rarely to friends that also very close ones. I kind of write a dairy, it helps in venting but I have seen only if the person is real good friend n close to you they can guide you rest others just enjoy the gossip

1 person likes this.
  4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

hi twinklingstar,
    you are right. for the same reason I never open up with anyone. I have lot of issues at home. I am simply ignoring. at a stage I felt i am dumping everything within me and hence it gets overloaded and bursting out.
    and yes! I cant rely on neighbours and relatives. sometimes i wont say even to my parents so that they should not feel for me..it is very difficult to hold the feelings. we would start feeling very lonely..but I am used ot it..Practice makes a man perfect..if at all not perfect, atleast i am used to it..

1 person likes this.
  5. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

nopes.. U may wirte ur feeling in a dairy / or on a blog.. but never to neighbours.. at times , other needs topic for gossip .. n in office too.. Not to close frnds in office.. just maintain professional behaviour..

1 person likes this.
  6. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

I think sharing it in anonymous forums like these are the best when you have to vent. But when you need genuine suggestions, better to speak out to your sibling/mother/close friend because they might understand the history of issues, and nature of people involved. But not worth sharing it with many even when you need suggestions.

7. twinklingstar

ya good idea..but u know once i get start no one can stop me until i finish venting:drowning

8. twinklingstar

wow yaar u seem to be very self controlling. actually some issue is going on and my neighbor who is very well wisher and close to me asked me and i just vented out all. and then after few days second lady came and she is not so helping one but close to our family and i did same thing...actually my mind goes crazy when i m angry and i just say all stuff..the moment i finish i realise what i did:crazy

1 person likes this.
  9. twinklingstar

@sonal1611 - ok dear..but tips please..just guide me how to do tht. when anyone ask me and i say all.

@iamsrihere - ya agree. but right now the problem is at my parents place only and all we sister and mother try to solved it but cant. and hence i just feel helpless like what can i do. and hence i telll. it is not like i share with all neighbour or office staff. at home i have one good neighbor and at office one colleague so i just share with two of them. but still i was feelign is it only me or other also do same. hence i thought of asking how do u people manage when u r high on stress and want to vent

10. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Nothing wrong in asking dear. Just wrote my views. Ok, if you think the problem is at your parents' place, discuss with your friend and try to get a solution. But ensure not to give too many personal details, like your property details or anything about the relationships. Better to have some information as personal.

1 person likes this.