1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by iyerviji, Aug 4, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Every garden must have a rose ,every face must have a smile, every grass must have some dew , and every person must have a friend like IL friendst
    I will be completing 8 years in IL in September and in these 8 years I have enjoyed so much being in IL, thanks to the friends here many of whom have become my daughters, sisters and brothers who all are caring and loving. I dont think there will be any other site like Indusladies and I dont feel that this is a site but Indusladies family, thanks to Jey and Malathy, otherwise would not have had the opportunity to have so many loving and caring friends.

I started two threads in the beginning How are you and Coffee Mornings and was so glad that had so many friends in those threads , now many are not active in IL , whom I miss. We used to meet in that thread everyday and share our experiences and when sometimes we were in problems or worried friends used to help us in whatever way they can, at the most give proper advise how to come over our problems and worries.

Then there were friends when I started a thread about using vowels , I dont remember the name of the thread in Games forum after Sriniketan started a thread A to Z where also we all used to meet. But now those threads are not active as many friends are not active.

Whether old or new all are my good friends , who are loving and caring and enjoy the most being here

True friendship is a gift that is given without expectation of anything in return. Instead the reward is the friendship itself!

We all have a different set of experiences from which we draw from to help ourselves move in the present. When we see someone going through something that we may have already gone through ourselves we are often tempted to give advice drawing from our own experiences, and forget the simple fact that people just need someone to listen instead of being told what to do.
    “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”​

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.It turns what we have into enough, and more.
    It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
    It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
    Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today,and creates a vision for tomorrow.

3 people like this.

2. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Re: Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right

Dear Viji Mam

Celebrating Friendship week :). Your memories with IL's friends are to be cherished. I trust those whom you have mentioned will be remembering you. Share your secret of being "always optimistic".

Your Lines about Gratitude is absolute. I have seen many who takes a back seat to acknowledge the good things happened to them and reluctant to say a "Thanks".

You are snippets are Humble and Honest. kneesmiley

1 person likes this.
  3. Vasundhra

Vasundhra New IL'ite

Re: Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right

Awww, another Awesome post from you @iyerviji maa mademydaysmiley Throughly enjoyed reading it.
    At the moment, feeling full of Gratitude for all your posts and for all IL friends of course.

1 person likes this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear vijimam,
    Ah! the quote on 'Gratitude'- simply awesome. And you conveyed it so well - by acknowledging your friends. enjoyed reading. thanks again

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@sangeethakripa dear thanks for your appreciation. Glad you liked the quote about Gratitude .Thanks for your compliments about my snippets, you made my day dear

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Vasundhra dear thanks for your appreciation and glad you liked my post

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@joylokhi dear glad you liked the quote of Gratitutde. Thanks for your compliments which made my day