1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's the matter with status for friendship..

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by LD1234, Jul 30, 2015.

1. LD1234

LD1234 Senior IL'ite

Sharing this because am feeling desperate. I had a childhood friend. We both were neighbors grown up together same kindergarten, school and tuitions til plus 2.. later we both were at different choice for further studies and shifted to different college.. we both were so close more than siblings.. later we shifted our house because we had a necessity to sold our home for my grandma health sake . Distance started from then. But used to meet at least 3times in a month.. she flunked in few subjects in degree and her parents found a good match and she got married and got settled.. since she got married to rich guy she started to avoid me.. she used to ignore my calls and messages always. She didn't even attend my wedding.. recently when I saw her in a temple near my home I felt so happy I went running towards her carrying my baby but she insulted me asking who are you..?? I never seen ?? Why do such people irritate people like us for funds. ? Go away.. I just came off from that place not able to eat sleep or do anything from 3days.. would I've done same to her if I've got settled well definitely a big no.. am all alone with no friends.. feeling that " is money is so valuable than breathing lives.. Would u have done the same for ur friends??

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@laxmidhananjaya
    first of all ,don't think about Of her. Be cool.She doesn't know the value of friendship ,money today comes tomorrow it goes but friendship remains forever. Definetly she knows the value of friendship in future.

sindmani and anika987 like this.
  3. LD1234

LD1234 Senior IL'ite

I am feeling so low dear.. maybe I've lost her.. it's better to forget her as u said.. but it's really very hard part.. she knows me more than my husband parents know me..

4. Gauthu

Gauthu Bronze IL'ite

I would say ...avoid such beings and i know how difficult it would be to o avoid your friend whom you had very good childhood memories. Are you sure she is avoiding you just because of status or she has someother reason with her. There may be possiblity like she is kinda of jealous that you did well in studies and she flunked. May be she doesnt want her past to be known to her Inlaws and avoiding you for such reasons.

More you avoid this person, more the memories would remain good. If you dont want to spoil your childhood memories with her.. stay away from her. Your friend should realise on her own.

5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

It hurts when the relationship is not mutual. We might feel too close with a friend and for them suddenly priority changes. I was exactly given this reason "Priority Changed" when confronted with my best buddy who didn't come to my wedding. we grew up together. So, it's better to avoid your friend and hold on to good memories. Someday they might turn around & come back and be sure to welcome with open arms at that time. For now, take it easy.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Vasundhra

Vasundhra New IL'ite

OP, trust me when I say I can feel your pain. Reading your post reminded me of a movie from 1996 with Rekha in the lead role, if possible watch the movie and you will know why it jumped at me. Exact same plot and you will get to see how they grow up. Going by the movie, your friend still carries the wound of you doing better than her and still wants to prove that she got the better deal among both of you. You know better. Let go her memories and move on. You deserve a lot better. Wikipedia link to the movie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kama_Sutra:_A_Tale_of_Love

7. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

I know really its hurt to forget someone who is very dear to us but any relationship love or friendship should be both sides.one side never gives happiness and she is not worth for your friendship.let live with your old sweet memories hope for one day she will come for you :) be happy ...life is to move....divert your mind on your fav things definetly you will be fine.:)

8. Bestmom

Bestmom Silver IL'ite

Dear op,

I was in the same boat..i can understand very well..even i had a childhood friend..here i got married first.. But still try to keep in contact with her and visit her everytime i visit my hometown..
    Slowly i realised am the one who wants to keep friendship.. She says she is busy n she don't drive 2 wheeler..then i stopped for some days
    But she never cared to catch me or missed me..
    I realised am the fool to go behind her..from then
    On i cut her friendship ...even now we have lots of mutual friends in facebook.
    Sometimes we realise we made a wrong choice only lately

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

She is the one who lost you:)

friends are are hard to find these days and she did not know your value.
    good riddance if u ask me.lose that toxic friend.

i had a friend for twenty years and she stopped talking to me coz I got settled abroad and she did not.can u believe that?strangely I do not miss her anymore