1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to cut my neighbour

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by amnilakshmi, Jul 29, 2015.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

There is one guy in my office who was with me when I joined my company. He moved to another dept and we lost touch. Yesterday I met him and we were casually talking when he said he is staying in the same area as I am. Later we came to know that we are in the same street. He came to my house around 6:30. I had just reached home and stayed there till 10. My DH was having a meeting and therefore he left. He spoke to me today also and he was saying he will be coming today also. Sorry to say this but I felt this was too much. It is really difficult to manage 2 kids and their HW , pending office work and household work PLUS guest.... could you please tell me some idea to cut this stuff off... Definitely my DH would be irritated to see him today also as he was talking to him with no interest... If I crib to my DH he will be even more irritated... Please help....

2. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

Clearly let him know over phone or in person that you and H have much work and won't be able to spend time. Let him know straight that your kids have assignments that need full attention from H and you. Don't beat behind the bush, let him know, usually you like to keep to your house work after back from office.

3. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

Let him know directly (a calm and composed way) that you are busy and need to take care of the home front (differentiate between professional and personal life).

4. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear OP

I agree with @hope2b. You could very well let him know that are not sure about your availabilty at home. Based on your DH & children you may have work that requires you to go out in the evening. and Modestly tell him that we may plan some time later.

5. nagvnvn

nagvnvn Silver IL'ite

You should keep your professional and personal relations in separate streams.

Let him know that it is not the time to meet and make him understand that he is causing disturbance in your daily routine.

Ask him politely what is the reason for coming and staying @ your house. Once you get an answer from him, convey what ever you want to say in a smooth manner.

Priya

6. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

A women lives upstairs with 1 yr old kid. She keeps her house very clean, give timely n nutritious food to baby n DH.
    You know what..she doesn't open the door for anyone.
    Very rare she opens the door.

7. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Have any idea why this fellow is dropping again?...for company? or home food?

1 person likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Is this guy feel so lonely or is he crazy?people have work to do and he disturbing this way is not right.ur dh has every right to get angry.

tell him it is very busy with kids and hence not able to talk much.when he comes home,keep being busy,do housework when he is around,run behind the kids.infact let ur kids do mischief.he will see how hectic ur life is.apologize every five minutes and do some work.he will get the hint