1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its not how many friends you can count, its how many of those you can count on.

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by iyerviji, Jul 14, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Friends are people with whom you can share your feelings, thoughts, dreams and fears. A true friend will keep your secrets and love you without judgment or conditions.A best friend is two souls in one body. Friends are the best person whom you can share your thoughts, feelings, your success, failures, secrets, ambitions in life, fears, hopes and everything. A friend is the best person who can safeguard your deepest secret and yet will not misjudge you or disown you. This is the greatest asset which gives the courage to share all your feelings.

Though I have also had many friends in life and also have a best friend who is friendly since 1957 and still in touch but still sometimes I feel lost and feel I am alone. Might be due to my age I am feeling like that. After sixty our world is different. Earlier we are so confident about ourselves and can face everything in life with courage and also have the strength to undergo any circumstances but after sixty sometimes feel we are only suffering and others are enjoying. But when we peep into their world only we come to know that each and everyone have problems,some say it out and some keep in their heart and suffer. I am a person who cant keep anything in my heart and so always share my joys and sorrows with my close friends. When I was working I was very busy and when problems arose I used to share with my friends and some problems were solved. Now sitting at home, though I have online friends but all are busy in their life , so sometimes feel lost.

A friend is the best gift we give to ourselves. Friends are those people in our life with whom we do not have any blood relation. It is a relation of love and affection towards each other. A true friend loves us unconditionally, understands us, but never judge us and always tries to support us, help us and give us good advice.

4 people like this.

2. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji

I feel it's got nothing to do with age. I am in my 30's and feel I am friendless. Honestly, i have not made a new friend in the past 7-8 years. My last friendship was with my roomate while at school and with whom i am in regular touch. Others are all acquaintances and social obligations meant to put up with for the sake of dont know what!

people who i thought were my friends drifted away because of kids, busy life what not. And some friendships I had to end as they turned negative. Really, I dont know how people find close froends after school stage, because I wasnt very successful

2 people like this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear vijimam,
    As you have rightly brought out, a few close friends whom we can depend upon in need is really a need - especially when we get on in age and find that most people are busy with their own lives and are not close at hand. Ironically, for the same reason I personally find it difficult to continue my friendship with many of my earlier colleagues/ friends. They would be busy with their own lives and often we get to relate/ contact only for special occasions like marriages, other functions etc.

2 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Vennella , Vennella dear you made my day by giving the first fb to this thread and making it live. Thanks for bringing a smile on my face with your fb.Sorry to know that you dont have much friends. From today I will become your friend and we will keep in touch . I am glad that I have many friends through net, in the outside world, I am still in touch with my school friend with who I am friendly since 1957.

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@joylokhi , Joylokhi dear glad to get your fb, was feeling disappointed that there are no fbs and felt happy getting yours and Vennella's fb. Ya in today's world everyone is leading a hectic life so they have less time to spend with friends. But once in a while friends can meet and spend their time.Glad that we are able to meet our friends in functions when we are able to spend time with them. Thanks dear for gracing my thread and bringing asmile on my face

1 person likes this.
  6. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

@iyerviji

:) and you made me smile with your reply! Thank you :) yes love to be your friend.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Vennella dear thank you dear for accepting my friendship request. Glad to be your friend. Glad I could bring a smile on your face

8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Nice one on Friendship Vijima... Not everyone is lucky to have friends for life and it has to be mutual in all these years I have very few friends whom I can count on. I have accepted the fact and have stayed out of where I felt I am unwanted. I know there are a few with whom even if I don't talk for years we will just pick up where we left off just like that. No worries Vijima. Keep expressing. I may not be able to give FBs for all but be assured that your posts will always be read.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@jskls , Jskls dear glad to see you here, you brought a smile on my face with your visit to my thread. thanks to @Vennella because of her fb only I got yours and Joylokhi's fb. Glad you have friends with whom if you dont talk also you know they are there for you. Thanks for informing me that you will read my posts.

Since few days I felt very dejected. Yesterday I posted a thread in snippets but when there were no fbs deleted it. I felt now a days noone wants to give fbs to my thread. .

1 person likes this.
  10. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Viji maa:)
    beautiul narration on friends . Honestly I have few friends coz I'm not talkative and when I feel comfortable and find same wavelength in other person then only I feel as them as my friend . Once I feel someone as my friend that person will continue throughout my life but I talk with all and if anyone need my help which is in my limit I do that help without hesitation. True, with friends only we can share anything for that I'm lucky really I have true friends and never forget them in my life. I like all your posts Viji maa sometimes I don't know what to give feedback so just I just give like :)