1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Going to theatre? Alone / companion????

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by BDivya, May 12, 2015.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

HAVE YOU BEEN TO THEATRE ALONE?

How many of us will be having an answer as "YES"? Especially ladies?
    I dont know. May be 3% of us (ladies)? Why is it this way? Why cant we(ladies) go alone for a movie? I think once the movie is on and running everyone are going to enjoy the movie alone, right? Then why not going for a movie alone?

Once my friend asked me out for a movie. I told her I had a deadline to meet by EOD and mail them plus I have my baby waiting for me at home, so she kept quiet. The next day after coming to office I asked her about the movie. She said she did not go for the movie. I asked her the reason. She told that she had asked other friends and they were also busy and hence she couldnt watch the movie. This made me think. Why cant a woman go for a movie alone and enjoy? My friend had to depend on either of our friends to accompany her for the movie.

I mean why should we miss our favourite movie just because there is no one to accompany till the theatre door? Because once we go inside the door, its going to be dark and we dont depend on our friend till the movie is over, right? So why depend on anybody till the door??

If anyone has had the experience of going alone for a movie then share your experiences here.

Lets see how many "YES" comes and how many "NO".bie1

2 people like this.

2. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

Even I face this problem. I feel like going alone to movie but hesitate because I have not heard of any lady going alone to the movie. Can't figure out what are the risk factors.

Sometimes I feel like booking 2 tkts on aisle side and sit at aisle seat leaving the one next me as vacant, just to feel safe thinkingsmiley

Please share experiences if any ladies have gone alone.

2 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I do not like watching movies in the theatre because of the noise. i have a cousin and another friend who go alone. they say since they are single, they can't expect their families or friends to accommodate them always, and so they have learnt to have fun shopping, travelling and watching movies alone.

2 people like this.
  4. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP....I was out of India fro last 6 yrs...i didn't watch any movie from last 6 yrs.
    In this january i came back to India and my DH don't like to watch hindi movie....he goes very few movies.

My DH book ticket for me and i go alone and enjoy movie. i have no problem in going alone.

1 person likes this.
  5. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

I like the fact that you went alone for a movie.. I really appreciate that.:cool2::bowdown

1 person likes this.
  6. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

@WorkingWoman : Nice idea to book 2 tickets!!:goodidea:

1 person likes this.
  7. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I have been alone to the theatre - twice in a single week!!

I'm not a movie buff really! I have no interest in the latest movies or movie songs ... I just like to watch some repeated telecasts of a few old Rishi kapoor and Hrishikesh Mukherjee movies !!

But that week, we had no work at office, we were waiting for our visas and travel tickets and dates and had no computer and no internet and no one to see what we were doing! This was in July 2001 !

After 2 days, I just couldn't continue sitting at the desk or the canteen and walked after lunch into the nearby movie theatre - I was working at New Delhi and the PVR Cinemas was the latest concept those days ! They had very limited number of seats and I was not scared or uncomfortable!

I watched Aks (Amitabh) and Lagaan (Aamir Khan) on wednesday and thursday !!

Enjoyed watching alone ! I had fun and as I came out of Lagaan, I got the call on my mobile to collect the tickets and visas etc... I felt I was being very naughty since I was a model student and had never bunked classes in school or college ;-)

3 people like this.
  8. pickles

pickles Bronze IL'ite

Why not? I have been to theatre several times alone.. sometimes when I cant find someone available to go along.. and I really want to see the movie.
    Anyway I am not the kind to talk in movie so for me it doesnt matter.
    You can goto the multiplexes in a mall so no one will even bother..

1 person likes this.
  9. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi ,

I went to a movie alone last week .. On May 1 .. It was a holiday and guests arrived .,, To escape from home i went movie alone .. i dint feel alone .. i enjoyed the movie nicely .. there is no fear .. it was a noon show

2 people like this.
  10. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

I've gone alone for movies quite a few times. Same with concerts/ backpacking / eating out/ exhibitions/ museums/ whatever. It doesn't bother me all that much that I'm hanging out all by myself. In fact, now that I have a preschooler, alone time is so precious that I really savour it - putting the phone on silent while I'm spending some quality time with myself!!

2 people like this.