1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happiness means to you....

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by chocogal26, May 6, 2015.

1. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Wonderful Ladies....I read this in one of reply.
    Agree with her point too.

"What do most humans need to be happy? Financial security, a purpose to life, and a loving support structure. Wherever you find these is home. If one of these is missing, unhappiness reigns"

If a person is lacking one of them :
    1. Financial Security
    2. A Purpose to life
    3. A Loving support system
    Will he/she able to find happiness in life ?
    Please Find happiness for this person.

Assume A person has a Financial security , happy loving husband/wife and a lovely kid.
    But if he/she has not A Loving Support System(Both set of parents) are not there for them . What should they do?
    They(couple) tried all possible things like to keep both set of parents happy but they are not happy.
    Husband is not very social person...he feels bad for this situation. But wife is very disturb because of all this...she loves to talk.

How should they find happiness alone ?

Thanks
    Choco

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

The above categories may be taken differently by different people.

What seems to be financial security for you, may not be the same for me. For ex: I have some money saved in the bank, invested in a steady business, and also a few properties, jewels and vehicles. But I am not yet fully settled financially. Perhaps my goal and life style is different; thus I am still running after money (I mean working for an income).
    But I remember one of my maid was saying that she will be perfectly settled once her house is built. She left the job the moment her house work is completed (a tiny house only with 2 small rooms in a village). She says, she can run a perfect family with her husband's daily wages.
    She is happy than many of us for sure in this aspect.

A purpose to life. Again same as above. For us, the life purpose is our kids. But not for all. Some feel having a career is the purpose of their life. Having a pet, having to help others, pursuing their dream... It differs greatly. Now, just because X has 2 kids of each gender doesn't mean his/her purpose of life is fulfilled.

A support system is also differs depending on where a person lives, and what he wants.
    For some, having extended families like parents/siblings is what called a support system. But for others, some great friends, colleagues or the neighbors fill the gap.
    But that is not the case with many.
    In fact, a reliable maid/nanny, a trustworthy driver, a corporate spouse and understanding kids are more than enough. They support each other for a stress free life.

So, it depends on what you exactly want, and what is available and how you make a bridge to fill the gap peacefully. That is called happiness.

5 people like this.
  3. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Some people remain happy, despite not having any of those things listed out.
    Some people can never be happy whatever they have in life.

So according to me, Happiness is a state of mind.

8 people like this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Happiness is an attitude. Doesn't depend what one has or do not have. The mental set up is needed. Yes, some can never be happy and some are happy and they never complain about life.
    So, to me it is attitude. There is no end to desires, one desire satisfied and another one appears immediately. Good value system always helps in being happy.
    Syamala

4 people like this.
  5. chocogal26

Thank you SGBV for writing me...I agree with each n every point you said.
    financial security means differ from person to person right. in your maid case she is happy with 2 small rooms house n kids and her dh daily wages....like this if a couple is happy with whatever they have in terms of money n all (it doesn't mean they are leaving their jobs and sitting at home)they are also working and happy with whatever they have in have(financial secure)

Purpose of life is also differs from person to person like some for kids, some for jobs.
    If Couple has purpose of life.

But my questions is: If their loved ones, their own parents are not happy with them. I mean to say if boy's family is dysfunctional for all their kids and girls family is not really keen to meet them and behave like outsider/ selfish/jealous. Girls family is not keen to give them love as a parents give their child.
    Couple has almost has a good job, good salary, good savings, happy kid but not any side of parents are happy with them because of their own reasons. what should they do?

6. chocogal26

you are very right...my DH always say this to me...But for me parents should love their kids (of any age) without any terms n conditions. Mother should love their daughter without thinking anything. only mother can give pure love to their daughter.
    If mother don't love their daughter who will love her. for me parents love is very important without it feels like we are orphan.

my question is if a girl (married with kid ) has good husband, lovely kid and their inlaws and parents both set of parents are not for her what should she do?

7. chocogal26

Dear shyamala...you are very right happiness is an attitude.
    IF a child want their parents love . should we call it desire?

8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Again, happiness is a state of mind. For some, it is extremely important to have extended family members as close as immediate family members. For some others, it is better extended family members stay at a possible distance so that immediate family members can have a great bond of their life time without any interferences. It clearly depends on who are those extended family members and the relationship they have with the couple before and after their marriage. Plus, it also has something to do with the expected helps. Such as mom's help during child birth/after, and MIL's help as baby sitter etc... and SIL/Co-sis help as friends to share/care and discuss peer things.
    But it all depends how is your relationship with them.

If you ask me... I would say, I am perfectly happy with my immediate family at any given time. I have applied for several jobs abroad. At any given time, I may be asked to migrate with family. In such a state, I would be perfectly happy to leave to any part of the world (reasonable places though) as a family- just the 4 of us.

Presently my mom lives with me. I will give her a choice to join us or stay back as my other siblings live at home country only. If mom makes a choice to join my bro or sister then I will be definitely missing her. I will feel sad for sometimes without her. But again, it doesn't stop me being happy with my family in a long run.

However, I have in laws. Now they have changed to be great people. But once when they were really nasty, cruel and wicked minded I never wished them to be with me. I always prayed to live miles away from their sight. Because that alone could make me happy.

Here in your case, if your loved ones are not happy with you, and they don't want to help you... then what makes you sad living without them?
    I would have tried to understand your feelings if your loved ones are really nice, but they are unable to be with you. Then of course it makes you sad. But here, it is better to be distanced yourself with such unloving souls than mingling with them and regret for it later.

Extended family should remain as extended family only. You try to find happiness within yourself, your family and your life first. Why worry over some extended family member when you have your own happy family with you?

2 people like this.
  9. chocogal26

Really loved your point of view....thanks SGBV for writing me.

1 person likes this.
  10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Parent's love for children and children's love for parents....it is a natural, unconditional thing. All desires are not bad. Having desires....nothing wrong with it. Bad desires....a big No. My guess is everybody has desires.....no one in this world is without desires. But they should not harm others and more important they should not harm us and should not become addictive.
    Syamala