1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friend's behavior

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Pratts, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Pratts

Pratts Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Its about my frnd who is a guy. He was my school mate.. Though we dnt speak in school days, i got his frndship wen we were in same company's training. He helped me really lots during training.. he was like a friend in need... He helped me out of his limits.. So I always ve a special corner for him.. As we moved on, he started texting and talking rubbish to me.. I felt not comfortable and said to not to talk like this here after.. He then behave good and then on again started... He married his college mate and i was very happy that he will atleast stop talking to me from now..

He again started talking to me normally.. As days gone he again started talking rubbish.. Main concern, he used to talk to me wen his wife is not at hme or sleeping.. I felt this not good and asked him if he really loves his wife.. He was offended. He said that talking to me doesnt mean that he doesnt love his wife. I could not tolerate and blocked all means of communication.

I really wanted to know can guys talk rubbish and still love wife?????

i know that even guys use this forum and Would like to hear from guys out there as well....

2. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

What amuses me in your post is that the guy got offended.

Maybe when the guy got offended, you should have asked him, if his wife knows about the rubbish he is sending you and she might want to see it.

3 people like this.
  3. RPVAIL

RPVAIL Silver IL'ite

Pratts,

Let us approach the problem from the perspective of how to solve it for you. No need to further judge the guy in your post since it is abundantly clear that he is a jerk.

--> Why do you still refer to him as a friend?
    --> How difficult is it for you to totally cut off any communication from him?
    --> Is it an unavoidable situation like, he works at the same place, lives nearby and so on?

First step would be for you to cut off all communication from this guy. He is not a friend anymore. If that is un-avoidable, then at a place of your choosing (should be a public place), firmly tell him not to talk or communicate in any manner with him. You may want to suggest that if it doesn't stop you may have to report to his wife.

I reread your post and see that you blocked all communication from him. So that is a good first step and hopefully the only step needed.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    3 people like this.
  4. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Had your question been "what makes him take you for granted not once but twice?", the answer might help you in future encounters.

8 people like this.
  5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I guess that depends on the rubbish he was talking. What did he say?

shoot. never mind.

1 person likes this.
  6. Pratts

Pratts Senior IL'ite

Rubbish acc to me is those talks which is meant to be discussed only between husbands and wives..

7. Alildream

Alildream Gold IL'ite

Look, sometimes people send double meaning jokes and the person recieving these may or may not be okay with it. You are clearly not ok with this friend sending you these messages. You did the right thing by telling him so directly. The fact that he continues to do it despite knowing you are uncomfortable indicates that he does not respect your feelings. I think you should keep a distance as there is no point telling him anything about it. Maintain a distance and stop messaging him often.

8. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

simple ... he is taking you for granted.. he wants to share dirty jokes with you.. he is deriving pleasure out of it. may be he is scared to do that with a new woman. may be he thinks these things wont matter to you and is definitely phone abusing you this way.

Wake up girl. people tend to use others for their dirty needs. Wake up. You did a brave thing by blocking comm with him.

But, if you succumb to his messages again, no one would ever suggest you, or for that matter read your post.

1 person likes this.
  9. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

Gud to hear that you've stopped talking to him. Forget about him and don't give him any chance to come closer. I am concerned about his wife.

1 person likes this.
  10. Pratts

Pratts Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Yeah i completely stopped talking with him.. he dint even bother to introduce his wife to me.. so i realised there is something fishy.. It was long time bothering me that I shud not be adjusting with him as it makes no difference between two if i was tolerating it.. I feel lot relaxed now..

1 person likes this.