1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with this friend?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by blackbeauty84, Sep 12, 2014.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

There is this girl from my college. We were known enemies in college days and I forgot her as soon as we finished college.

Four years back she called me to discuss her marriage problem and asked for some advise. Since I was in the same boat along with her I spoke and gave her many suggestions. But the problem is she calls at odd times, she used to call continuously for 15 times if I don't pick her call. I warned her not to repeat it. Then for some reason I passed her my cousin(lawyer) number. She did the same to him -like calling at odd hours when she is not even his official client.

During the course of time she asked me for some money. I gave her that when I followed up with her she stopped talking and returned money after sometime. She asked me again, I refused to give. Now she is asking money from me again, this time for her sister marriage calling my office number(!!!). I know from other source that she is in a well salaried post and also bought a house.

I'm so fed up of her. How to deal with her?

2. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

OP, can you do something to change her status back to "enemy".

2 people like this.
  3. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Hi blackbeauty,

Better put her in your "enemy" list :wink:and stop giving her money and advice.Whenever she calls always "be busy"probably she will take the hint.

Or else if you stop giving her money she herself may stop being your friend.

sindmani likes this.
  4. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

OP,

Create an imaginary economic problem for yourself and approach her for huge loan.Act desperate, call her 20 times , call her at odd times.Imply to her about her recent purchase of a house,high salary and ask her for help.Even if she is not going to believe you dont have to take back your demands. At least it will save you from her daily rhymes.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    5 people like this.
  5. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

BB my incurable optimist,
    guess it is time for a cure and be pessimistic abt her. :p

2 people like this.
  6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Just say plain no. I don't lend money to anyone including friends or relatives. Just say that you have heard that money kills friendship and relationship and i don't want to lose that with you. So let's not have any money dealings and be friends forever.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    sindmani likes this.
  7. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

block her number, she will get the message!

sindmani and pear like this.
  8. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday night I told her that I have no money with me to lend.
    Like Pear said I'm going to ask for money from her next week in the same pesturing manner. Thanks all for the suggestions. I'll come back here to update how it goes.

1 person likes this.
  9. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Yeah she is taking u for a ride ! i knw such ppl exist !! a girl from my clg wud always talk ill abt me and afterwards when she learnt i was working in a reputed mnc, she called me to get herself placed in that company !! They have no shame and take advantage of ppl like us who cnt say no on the face ! Ditch her before she drags u down !

1 person likes this.
  10. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

She is just trying to get aling with u for her selfishness. Start ignoring her and u can put her in block list. Dont pick up phone. She cannot be your friend.