1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you all go for ladies nights out ???

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Sep 3, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Do you have fun?Is It like a "in" thing in usa?

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Reshmiranjan !

In India, no we are not aware of ladies night out ( Especially for married women)
    We do celebrate our days with friends, their families all together which makes our bonding more stronger, I feel.

Let's wait for other ILites opinions.

2 people like this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

If you enjoy it or comfortable, do it (within balance).
    If not, dont do it.
    My humble opinion: No need to "fit in" with others do or fit ourselves into "in thing" (be it L-night-out or FIFA or dressing styles etc). One can be oneself and comfortable. No need to spend even 5 minutes of our time to waste thinking about what 'others do as in-thing'

2 people like this.
  4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I never went for night out after marriage and now after kid, no chance.

It's not that some has restricted me. Even my DH is open to take care of DD if I want to go. But I know I'll miss him and DD everytime (even I miss DD in office) and would not be able to enjoy.

I have couple of friends in India and USA who go for outing without family (not sure of night out for indian friends but who are in USA they do once in a month) and enjoy .

2 people like this.
  5. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Ladies night out is our rated.

I have couple friends who does it.But they will go to dinner and then movie @10PM+ and come back home late.That's it.

People who are night owls will enjoy these but people like me prefer good sleep :)

2 people like this.
  6. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Ladies night out - I know there are many here who do it. I am never comfortable with going out at night for a dinner unless it is official. Then I have no option. Earlier, my friends and I would meet up for lunch after the husbands were at work and kids at school. Sometimes outside at a restaurant, but for the most part at home.

2 people like this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

No, I do not go to any regular events. My DH and I both prefer to chill at home after work, and we have a small group of people we socialize with on occasion. He will occasionally go out to happy hour with his colleagues, and I usually see my friends about every month or so but it's not fixed. When we do meet,we usually have drinks and dinner after work and are home by 9.

2 people like this.
  8. roc

roc Senior IL'ite

I am from India. I meet my friends occasionally for lunch. I am not really comfortable going to late night dinners or movies with them.

2 people like this.
  9. revs77

revs77 Gold IL'ite

I do night out quite often with my friends. It all depends on the group of friends.

The first group: 9 of us. Wives of 9 men who went to the same college in India and live in the same area in US. 5 are working women. 7 with 2 kids, 2 with one kid. We gel together well. We go to an expensive, trendy restaurant (Italian/Mexican/American/Chinese/Thai - no Indian) around 7pm and return at 10pm. We car pool, so all of us go in 2 cars/vans. Sometimes one/two of the men drop and pick us up. Though I do not drink, 4 in our group drink white wine and their husbands do not mind. A variation of the nightout is going to a movie around 6pm, followed by dinner. We do it almost once in 2 months. I really enjoy these outings. We discuss everything (movies, gossip, TV serials, kids, work, makeup, massage, yoga, hiking, cooking). Husbands always tease us that we discuss only about them but in reality we don't. It helps we all speak the same language (Tamil). We try to guess whose husband calls first to find out what is going on. My man never calls :cry:

Second group: 6 of us. Wives of 6 men who once worked in the same company but now work in a different company. This is a conservative group. No drink. We'll be out of the restaurant (always Indian) by 8pm. One of the 6 is a divorced woman. We go to the restaurant in her SUV. Occasionally (once a year) we all go to her house, watch a movie, make tea, chat and sleep there. Next day morning, we have coffee and she drops each one of us. Fortunately, the men have no issues in taking care of the kids overnight. We do this once in 3 months on Fridays.

My DH always encourages me to go out with friends and unwind:) I feel there is nothing wrong as long as we are within limits.

2 people like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

lucky you:) never got a good group or if I finally form a group,they do not want to go out or as some people say,they just use for driving around/getting grocery else they do not even respond.or else,some are too dominating and short tempered.

My policy is,we need not be best of friends but just bit civil and courteous to each other so everyone has a good time:)