1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Other people's success

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Dreamer, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

Is it okay to feel low and bad (not jealous) when other people who are with you succeed in their personal or professional lives despite you putting in the same effort as them. Like they succeed out of sheer luck.
    I feel low about such things today and feel where did I go wrong and why is it happening to me.

2. shrimedha

shrimedha Junior IL'ite

Me too faced such situations many times in life.But instead of thinking over such things , we better relax and focus on some recreational activities at such times.

Remember everybody will come across such situations. S taying optimistic and positive attitude will help you.

So be cheerful and enjoy life.

Have a good-day and be :cool2:.

2 people like this.
  3. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

Will try, thanks for your reply :)

4. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

It is a natural feeling. It is definitely not the feeling of jealousy. I see all my cousins happily married and I do go to their family functions like house warming ceremony or marriage or baby's birthday . It keeps me real down as they are well off personally, professionally and financially but I cannot avoid them either. I am divorced and not even settled financially. At the end I feel that what ever it is all this is temporary and end of the life me and my relatives have to go to grave and reach god.

5 people like this.
  5. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

It is very natural, anybody who denies to have felt this way is a BIG LIAR.

I feel very sad for myself when I see my friends who were academiacally more successful than me, now even successful in marriage and well off financially.

I wonder why god gives all the good things to few people, leaving others feeling like beggars in all aspects of their lives.

When it comes to friends I don't mind it much, but when it comes to relatives I have have no where to run and hide. When cousins younger to me by 3 years get married and get good jobs, I am made to feel like a complete loser.

1 person likes this.
  6. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

'Being unmarried' should not make you feel like a loser. Because, you keep visiting 'married life' section. And you will now understand 'married life' is not a bed of roses.

'Being single' is not a deficit state and 'getting married' is not an achievement ! At least an educated para-medic (you are a pharmacist, right ? :)) should not feel this way !

6 people like this.
  7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

i felt the same thing other day thinking over someone else growth but then i thought to my self maybe they got good job now..so what we are also working and we will also progress in life but little slower than them... after that WHAT??????:exactly:.... what i care most is peace of mind.................. money and other things come and go... i seen few of my friends who are well off, good parents, but no peace of mind.......... whats the use............ so.. its obvious to feel this way at time but its better to come out of the thinking sooner...........

2 people like this.
  8. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

It's human nature so it's ok to feel bad. but the best part is these things are not permanent. God is kind and gives good times to everybody. One needs to be patient and not lose hope.

1 person likes this.
  9. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

But Darmesh, people will keep reminding you of this and make you feel like a failure all the time, neighbours, relatives and sometimes even your own parents!

My parents too are educated, but our Indian mind set is such that marriage is supposed to be the ultimate aim of a woman's life.
    My parents feel like losers in front of their cousins when their kids who are younger to me get married within months of starting the search,and I have been looking for a match for more than a year!

They understand that it is very easy for my cousins in India to get a match, given their conventional lifestyle and the basic criteria set for groom search, while for me, my being outside India, having a paramedic degree, my lifestyle( I am a vegetarian),not to forget stringent matching of horoscopes, all comes in my way!
    Even then they feel they have lost the race when their cousins from India call, announcing their children's alliance.

Whatever happened to finding the right bride/groom?

3 people like this.
  10. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

Cant say its wrong. People feel the need of companionship. Having a GOOD life partner is an achievement indeed.

thegirlygirl, I do understand how you feel. But trust me when the time is right everything happens so quickly that you will be surprised. I wish you get that happiness soon.

2 people like this.