1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

feeling lonely

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Stressfull, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

hello friends,
    Im living in abroad. we had one boy child who is of 6 years old. we r trying for second child with no luck for more than two years. The thing is he is feeling very lonely but now he got addicted to cartoons. All other couples in my friends circle having two children. so they all r very busy with their lives:).
    Im also feeling lonely life became routine, the friends never interested to go out. how do you all manage without friends in abroad.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Does your child go to school? In several countries there are of holders activities organised by the community. Go to those. Go to the library and the park. Even if it is very cold, dress appropriately and go. You will get to meet people too. Take him to museums nearby. Turn off the tv and get your child activity books. Do colouring, pouring, puzzles. Read books. Look up montessori websites for ideas of what to do

3 people like this.
  3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

organize playdates,take him out in neighbouring park,get him into some activity like swimming,judo or anything he likes.....

2 people like this.
  4. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Stressfull, im living abroad too and know it can be difficult to mangle with ppl, language difference, cultural difference, different expectations from friendship and how or even how often to meet and different interests and understanding of parenting / behavior etc. can be challenging... are there any other indian ladies in ur area? anyone from eastern countries or at least some foreigners? sometimes its easier to mangle with other foreigner ladies even not from same country coz they have at least similar problems according the "you are different" factor.. plus i experienced or felt some women here hesitate to meet me or include me.. maybe its right what i heard too that in some western cultures they tend to be more distant and dont like to open and meet that fast and often...
    I liked the advices of the others to look for play groups or arrange dates, it might be easier to mangle with co-moms of kids similar age. Actually i feel its getting slowly better for me as im pregnant now n i hope i will find more ladies to do activities with after my baby is born. The factor being a mom makes us more similar and friends often tend to have similarities and similar interests or main topics in life, so look out for fellow moms.

2 people like this.
  5. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi

I was in a similar state of yours. I made use of Indusladies forums and found friends herefriendssmiley. We are now a group of 5 families, we meet quite often and our children have fun together. Indusladies has been our platform to find friends in a new place.
    I suggest you look of members in your area and send them PM, I am sure you will find friends very soon. Please be positive.

TC
    Lavanya

1 person likes this.
  6. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

Hi lavanya
    Good to know you had made a friend circle through Indusladies:cheers. yes I had going to library and going to play dates with my child. my child was ok with this arrangement. But the thing is wherever I go other than library feeling lonely. I had friends within my area too. When we all meet every body will be very friendly making plans for kitty parties, going outings together.

Next day everyone busy with their own lives, if I call anyone they will speak for more than half an hour but they will never call me saying they r very busy. Then how come they r talking for hours when I call. also the country in which we live all land line connections are free. This hypocracy is distancing me from them. If we plan outing one or the other say some execuses whole program will get canceled it will postpone on and on. many times I go to their house their hosting will be good but if I ask them to come to my house they will say ok but they never come.

Recently I made another friend. she is the mother of my son classmate, she plans the play areas near her house I went for 4 or 5 times happily feeling that my son has got a playmate. But one time I suggested a play ground near my house but she says how can we come for long distancenotdonesmiley. I don't know whether it is laziness or hypocracy . Im fed up. it is 2 more years for him to go to primary then I will be busy with his activity classes and studies till then I have to makeup.

7. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

dont feel lonely if anything depressss you do feel free to share... also if any joy is there do share with us

1 person likes this.
  8. krithika16

krithika16 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,

Even i was in same situation but now i dont care about any thing.i read books,movies and IL.

PPL get info frm me and dont even bother to say thank you, even in IL.

If you feel lonely just chat with me.

9. Isis

Isis New IL'ite

its hard to find like minded friends

10. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Hi, lonely feeling is the killer here. Try to go to the library, pick up some hobbies. Time will fly.You can volunteer with your child's school system.Or chat with indusladies. We are always here to listen .