How can I change my existing user name?

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by IL_Admin, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Username is unique and it is the key for identifying any member in this site. You should carefully and consciously decide your username during registration. Its up to you to decide whether you want to use your real name as your IL username or choose to use a pseudoname.

But please choose a meaningful name that could be used easily to address you during interactions. Do not use your email id as the username (email is personally identifiable).

As we mention at the time of registration, username once created cannot be changed. We have this policy and built the system around it because of the following reasons.

1) A username is what people refer to in all discussions. Changing it would create substantial confusion among readers and make the discussions hard to follow.

2) From a technical standpoint, username is the pivotal variable that connects profiles, discussions and every piece of data that users create. Changing it would put substantial risk to the stability of the database.

The site allows an extreme amount of flexibility in personalizing the experience. However, there are certain things we need to keep fixed for overall well-being of the community and the site.

Please do not send emails to our support mailbox for changing your username as you will be redirected to this policy only. There are certain policies we need to have and enforce in order for the greater benefit of the community. We look forward to your kind co-operation.

Thank you.

2. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I found that the blog title 'My soul curry' that I use, is used by another user (Shail's soul curry) as well. What can I do if I want to change my blog title? Please help.

Thank you in advance.
    Anuradha

3. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anuradha,

Please refer the below FAQ to change your blog title.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/il-bloggers-den/90654-blogging-il-how-faqs-blogs.html#post1137302

I've edited your post to remove your mail ids. Henceforth, do not post your email ids in the public forum.

Thank you.

PS: I'll be moving your post to Ask Questions to Induslady about IL BLOGS thread shortly.

4. Breeze

Breeze Senior IL'ite

How to change my username?

Hi friends,

I registered with a name "breeze" as my original name was already there. I somehow want to change it to my original name with some prefix and suffix. I couldn't see any option to edit my name in profile. Please let me know if there is any option available.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  5. Breeze

Breeze Senior IL'ite

Re: How to change my username?

I read 'FAQ' now and got the answer that I cannot change. Sorry for this annoying post :(

6. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Re: How to change my username?

Hi,

@breeze,

why change such a username.

With summer temperatures reaching arecord high this time we all could use some of you......

So chill yaar breeze is a COOL name...

Atleast its better than mine.

So feel free to roam IL as if you own it and let us know of your thoughts and feelings...

You go girl...

Take care...

Here comes the boogyman.....

3 people like this.
  7. esmi2011

esmi2011 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have posted a post on my husbands behaviour and dont want my husband to know abt it.
    I have my name in my username. Is it possible to change it to a pseudoname?
    Or can u delete my post I have posted in married life.
    Please help.

shravs3 likes this.
  8. Gaur78

Gaur78 Gold IL'ite

Hello Dhanya,

Changing the username or deleting the posts are not allowed in IL. Please take a look at the first post and our no deletion policy.

9. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Dear IL'ites,

Please see our help section on How do I change my username?

I am closing this thread as all our help section is moved to the new location here - Knowledge Base. If you didn't find answers to what you were looking for there, please click "contact support" link on the right of the page and we will respond promptly.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.