Forum of the Month - June 2010 - Schoolgoers & Teens

Discussion in 'Forum of the Month - Popular thread Contest' started by IL_Admin, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

The Forum for June 2010 is:​

Schoolgoers & Teens

Let's get started with interesting discussions in the Schoolgoers & Teens forum to make it Popular threads for the month!

Summer holidays and fun times are over. Now it's back to school again.

Share your experience of dropping your kid in a school for the first time, your experience in seeking admission procedures / Change of New school for your kid, the preparation you take up when the school term begins, etc.

Read here to know the rules and guidelines for the "Popular Thread Contest" in the Forum of the month.​

Some do's and don'ts to be followed for this contest:

DOs:
    1. Entries should be posted ONLY in Schoolgoers & Teens forum, for it to qualify for the contest. No posting in this thread.
    2. ONLY new threads started in the Schoolgoers & Teens forum during this month – June 2010 will be considered for the contest.
    3. Avoid threads on generic discussions as we are expecting better focused discussions here.
    DON'Ts:
    1. NO COPY PASTING articles or information from other sites / sources.
    2. Please ensure that "NO hurting others sentiments/believes" and "No criticizing anyone's advice or experience".

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010

2. madhuharini

madhuharini Silver IL'ite

I share with our friends the sweet memories of vidyappiyasam of my son in 1984.My mother in law wanted to do like my father in laws vidyappiyasa .On that time he wear a velvett pant ,coat and a turban in blue colour.she kept it safely and gave it a model and we stich a same dress in red color velvett cloth.On that day in home we did the homam and the shastrigal made him wrote in nell.My mother brought the seer thattu like drees, fruits,choclates,kalkandu and kollu payaru.Then we went to the school, that day was vijayadasami.Gave choclates to all the children in his class and to the teachers.He went to school with very happy with a big tata when we left.Now he is an Officer in an oil company.
    I want this have to be done to my grand daughter who is 1yr now on her 1st day of school.

3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear ILites,

Hope all the Mothers would have settled with the routine of sending their kids to school. Am sure the last month would have been pretty hectic in making the children get used to the new Class Teacher, catching up and a friendly HI to the Class Teacher, having the children's books neatly wrapped in Brown sheets and in general putting them to yet another year of grueling academics.

I completely understand the situation as a Mother of two school going girls and "School goers & Teens" forum is a breeze in my routine where I turn up to read articles like Mental health awareness, Scientific teaching Concepts etc.

But the clear winner among the threads is the one thread that crisply talks about "Do's & Don't in teaching" which is selected the Popular thread in the Schoolgoers & Teens forum. Before the Announcement I would want to extend my special thanks to the Moderators of the Schoolgoers & Teens forum - Aadhusmom, Traveller, Pavarun & Vishalini3 who helped in choosing the winner.

Winner of Popular Thread Contest in
    Schoolgoers & Teens Forum is....

Asha-karthik

Congratulations Asha...

for your thread here:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schoolgoers-and-teens/99625-dos-donts-teaching-basics-kids.html

that speaks about do's and don'ts of teaching from your personal perspective.

The thread got a remarkable 94 replies and 1741 views at the time of posting this message.

Special Gift for winning the Contest:

Mango Shaped bowl with Brass Finish

mango_bowl.jpg

Hope this finds a special place in your dining table to share nuts and spices with your family. Do send your postal address by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the special gift.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  4. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Congrats Asha.Although I did not write my views in your thread,I thoroughly enjoyed the group of posts.Well deserved one:thumbsup

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  5. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Asha !!! :party

6. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Thank you Laxmi, RG and Custard for your wishes.

Laxmi - thats a wonderful gift from my dear IL.
    believe me or not (bad my mind works this way after becoming a mommy of 2).. the first thing that came to my mind looking at that pic was how I would save this great piece of memorabilia from these 2 little brats. Thank you once again !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.