Forum of the Month - December 2009 - Home Decoration

Discussion in 'Forum of the Month - Popular thread Contest' started by Induslady, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,

Forum for the Popular thread Contest for December 2009 is:

Home Decoration

Go ahead...start interesting discussions in the Home Decoration forum about how you have decorated your home, give or ask ideas for decorating a new home, what are those new things available in the market for decorating the home, etc.

This month there is more reasons for decorating right, being the Holiday season with Christmas & New Year coming up!!

So here is an opportunity to show your passion towards home decoration. Show it and WIN the Popular thread contest!!

Read here to know rules and guidelines for the "Popular Thread Contest" in the Forum of the month.

Some do's and don'ts to be followed for this contest:

DOs:

1. Make your contributions for this contest ONLY in the Home Decoration.
    2. ONLY new threads started during this month – December 2009 that get popular with maximum responses and participation from other members will be considered.
    3. The threads should be started about Home Decoration in such a way it will call for participation from co-members to share thoughts about the same.
    DON'Ts:

1. No posting (copy-pasting) articles or information from other sources (like websites, books, magazines, emails etc.).
    2.Please ensure that no hurting others sentiments.

All the Best!

2. purnimaeky

purnimaeky New IL'ite

A home is where my heart is and is much more than four walls, a roof and a floor.
    Your Home is an extension of your personality, taste and an expression and with the taste as unique as the person who lives in there!! . A Home need not be as big as a castle or as small as an Attic room, its your personal touch and your style that makes it unique to make you feel instantly comfortable and happy.
    Home decoration need not be expensive and it hardly takes any time to plan to give a new desired look.
    Add a finishing touch to your decor with collection of home accents and transform homes with inspirations that come forth with ideas to add artistic flair. If you enjoy decorating your home yourself this is the place to be to share your experience and your suggestions and bring together like minded friends on this forum is the reason I have joined IndusLadies.com . Glad to be a part of it.

3. srinjla

srinjla New IL'ite

1.Take a deep glass bowl and fill it with the water and some lemon juice .
    2.Take a steel glass and cover it outer side with the crushed aluminum foil and color it with your favorite color. You may use water,oil and fabric color.
    3.Place this steel glass in middle of the bowl.
    4.Keep your favorite fragrance candle inside the steel glass and light it.
    5.Add some rose patals in the bowl.

You can keep this bowl in the middle of table or on the corner table.

Thanx
    Srinjla jangra:thumbsup

4. ramashankar

ramashankar New IL'ite

hi everybody
    last month my mother gave me two porcelain jars which were presented to her by her mother. i actually did'nt know what to do with them, because i neither buy salt or tamarind so much to store them in those jars nor make pickles so much. so finally what i did was, one jar i just sprayed gold paint and did some art on that and placed a flower vase on that, it looks splendid. the other jar i painted some diamond shapes and stuck gem stones(used for tanjore painting) and placed some flower on it. this also looks very beautiful.
    these jars have given my hall a different look.

5. saraswathieswaran

saraswathieswaran New IL'ite

Dear Rama shankar , Your idea swith porcelain jars are really very good.
    saraswathi eswaran

6. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Nice ideas ladies! Exactly the topic I was looking for :):thumbsup!!

7. meegeeyes

meegeeyes New IL'ite

Hi Everybody,i am typically a homebird and so i like to decorate my home in the best way possible with the things i can get easily at home.I dont believe in expensive articles. A plain curtain can be adorned with a decorative head clip or headclasp. The traditional brasswares(which originally belonged to our grandmas) can be used to decorate our living rooms as flower vases.My old Nataraja idol is placed at my entrance with 2 porcelain flower vases i received as a gift .I dont forget to adorn both of them with natural flowers everyday.It is both for the purpose of worship and beauty.A satin ribbon that came with a gift package can be used to tie around a doll in the showcase which makes it more beautiful.A small embellishment on a mundane thing adds to its beauty.i always put my creativity cap on to get new ideas.

8. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Ilites,

It is a Sunday night and the whole house hold is quiet with kids tucked in the bed and am happy to be back announcing the winner for this contest.

Winner for Popular thread in Home Decoration Forum for December '09 is........

Sabitha_K

Dear Sabitha,
    It is raining gifts for you the beginning of the New Year. Besides the coveted Finest Post Narration, you get to win the Popular thread contest too...
    Congratulations, your active participation in the Indusladies Community across the various forums brings you more and more laurels and we are very happy to acknowledge your contributions here.

Sabitha gets to win the Popular thread contest for this thread of hers in Home Decoration forum:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/home-decoration/80235-enough-celebrity-homes-let-us.html

The simple knot in the thread pulled the Ilites to this thread like a magnet to iron. With her visual photo treat and invite to her cosy home, all of us got encouraged to post a view of their home too.
    Her thread got a record 124 replies and 5000+ views with a 5-star rating all making it a clear winner staying on top in the forum.

Thanks Sabitha for inviting us all virtually into your home and for all the others who too joined her in doing the same.

Ladies, join hands in congratulating Sabitha.

Special gift for winning the Popular thread contest - Deco Painting of Raja Ravi Verma - Lady with a Fruit Basket.

IMG_2426.JPG

Note: Please furnish your local India address by mail to support@indusladies.com to recieve the special gift.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  9. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,

Thanks a lot for the wonderful part you have played right from making the announcement to the spectacular proclamation of the winner.

I am glad that everyone has thoroughly enjoyed participating in the thread and if not for the contributors, there would not have been any popularity.To me it was one of the best threads that I enjoyed reading and veiwing.Yes it is going to be cherished for a long time by me.

I am now aware of the cosy sanctum that my fellow ILites spend time in ,when enthusiastically replying to a post or leisurely reading a blog.

I would like to thank everyone who took time to post their pics , comments and above all providing a glimpse into how they have made their houses as homes.

10. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Sabitha,

Congrats. Very happy for you !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.