1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

a must read for those with cracked feet

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by aksh01, May 20, 2008.

1. aksh01

aksh01 Junior IL'ite

a must read for those with cracked feet ...

do not try any cream just like that without knowing the content in it or without any drematologist's approval!!! petroleum jelly if thats what you mean by vaseline then its very bad !! i big no! no! do not apply them ... himalaya creams are banned as far as i know due to some reasons i remember its because it has lead in it... in short do not apply any creams or jelly ...( believe me i dont and my cracked feet are now turned into soft pink clean feet ... )

everything what is told asayurvedic need not be ayurvedic ... companys fool people in the name of ayurveda!!! dont be carried away ... especially when you have a cracked feet creams can go in from the cracks and enter the blood stream... be cautious while using the creams ...the best are oils... see below...

i had terribly cracked feet... especially in winter while i was in bangalore... they used to bleed ... but now i have no problems .... i would like to share what i did for this one..

first of all soak your feet in warm water with few drops of dettol or any other anteseptic cleanser for about 15 min to remove all the dirt ( do this twice a week or when you walk a lot or have exposed it to much dirt and dust but too much soaking will make skin soft so do it when really required. )

clean them and put a band aid to the cracked heal or the specific cracks which are deep and wear socks ... everyday day till the cracks are heeled .. so that while you roam around dirt dont enter ...

for the rest of the area( without bandaid) aplly avacado or olive oil( better option than cream since they are natural) if you dont have this you can apply even coconut oil ... main purpose is to moisturize... and wear a socks ... clean socks!!! for about a month do this .. ( wearing socks is a must for all the people who have cracked feet dont leave them open)

and while having bath see that you scrub your feet with a brush not a hard one so that the feet are clean ..
    i have a dry skin and have a greater tendency to cracked feet ... so i always wear a socks at home after the bath ... so that when i go out my legs look good.... ( for people with a tendency to cracked feet , should take care to see that they dont keep feet more exposed to dirt and dryness... so clean it apply oil and wear socks to enhance the skin there)

once you feel that your feet are recovering and cracks are heeled ...you can do a home made pedicure once in a while .. for this as usual soak the feet in warm water but now put proper amount of milk cream( malai) and soak for 10 -15 min then scrub it with sugar and honey or sugar and butter for smooth feel for 10 min then rub it with with hot towel .. and apply oil and wear a socks!!! ( i feel socks will be a part of your dress , after reading this article) :)

so in brief ....whenever am at home i cleanse my feet scrub them ...if needed apply bandaid if cracks are deep .. apply oil and wear socks ... while going out my legs look damm good now.... this really really works .. you must try it out...

feet hygiene is real important keep your feet and nails clean

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>

Last edited: May 20, 2008

2. anshulkumar

anshulkumar New IL'ite

thanks a lot aksh!
    i will definitely try this. i used to wear socks but yes home pedicure is a gud suggestions.
    i hope it work for me too.

cheers,
    Anshul

3. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

Hi Aksh,

Thanks a lot for the tips.I have a dry skin too.I used to have a moderate problem in India ,walking on bare ground ..but after coming to the US...my problem subsided...but still my heels turn rough and i do home pedicures periodically using salt.But after drying my feet...i do not find them so soft, so now i came to know how to keep them moist.:cool2:

Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

4. swanu

swanu New IL'ite

hi aksh

thanks a lot for sharing such valuable tips with us.

i am glad u did so.
    my mom is a diabetic and always suffers with cracked feet.
    her skin is also extra dry.
    its very useful for her.

thanks for sharing.

love

anu

5. aksh01

aksh01 Junior IL'ite

Hi all,
    great to know that you'll found this article usefull... if you have dry skin ... that is even rough hands you can apply almond /olive/avacado oil at night to your hands as well .... and people with wrinkly feet 'must' apply oil atleast at night with slight massage regularly .... so that the next day you go out with beautiful feet .....

have a nice time :)

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  6. cheenu

cheenu New IL'ite

Hi Aksh,
    This article seem to be any eye opener as far as use of petroloum jelly( vaseline) is concerned.....i alwayz though vaseline was very handy to deal wid dryness and sealing mositure in....infact i alwayz have a big container of vaseline sitting pretty on my bedside....i use it lot....would u be kind enough to enlightened me why shouldnt we use vaseline.........hope to hear from u soon
    Cheenu

7. shanthi krishna

shanthi krishna New IL'ite

Hi aksh01, Ofcourse, I do the same way, but after cleaning the feet in water for 15 minutes, I use petroleum jelly in the cracks and then wear socks overnight. This heals the wound very effectively.

8. aksh01

aksh01 Junior IL'ite

hi ,
    the fact that petroleum jelly is not natural but a byproduct of crude oil itself states that its toxic and that its not recommended for human use ... it was actually found in the 1800 when workers found a large mass in the industry and thought it was a lubricating oil as well a good source for healing the cuts and wounds...

but but ... the researches found that it was not advisable for using them on cuts and wounds since it covers the skin trapping the dirt or the harmful bacterias into the skin... this issue is still in research...

but the thing is industries have already come up and want to make profit , trap the consumers and we are fooled not just that we are damaging ourselves ...

you may wonder whats there its after all a nice smooth oil like substance ... but we hardly know the stuff in it and how it has emerged!!!

little drops of water make a mighty ocean... just like that everyday little amount and they merge into the skin enter the blood stream and can be dangerous to our health its known to be human carcinogen ( can cause cancer)... can also be dangerous if it oxidifies...

we have so much natural stuff around us just the natural stuff we eat why, not apply them? why apply things which we would be scared to eat!! the skin is no exeption when it comes to health....

My sister is a docter and told me about this ... i myself found out about petroleum jelly ..and felt better to be natural than go for artificial or chemical stuff....

hope this will be useful to you all ....

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  9. shanthi krishna

shanthi krishna New IL'ite

This is really a useful message and informative.

10. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Oh my god!That's an eyeopener for me. I use vaseline quite a lot. What I see...I have a hiimalaya foot cream too! :shock:
    To avoid answering 100 people why I wear socks...I stopped at home. Again this year, my heels are cracking. But will start off soon...will buy new pairs today itself! [Hubby dear will say I keep inventing shopping ideas! Big Laugh]

thanks,
    Hema