Finest Posts - December 2009 Winner!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by SoaringSpirit, Jan 2, 2010.

1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

First things first, wish you all a very happy, prosperous and a wonderful 2010! It gives us immense pleasure to start off yet another year in the midst of our IL family. Let's remember the happy memories of the year gone, the few lessons 2009 may have taught us and lets us zestfully embrace the new year and believe in the truth that this year shall bring nothing but the best for all of us!

With that said, let us accomplish the task we really started this thread for..... the announcement of our FP winnerS, yes, in plural, winnerS for the month of December 2009. We decided that a good thing need not wait another month. So we will incorporate the new FP format of two FP winners this month itself! Today we will announce winners for Finest Narration and Finest Contribution for the month of December 2009.

Finest Narration :

Our winner for the Finest Narration took up a brave experiment. She took on the challenge to talk about someone we all only worship and revere. She excelled with such flying colors in this experimentation of hers that she made us bow down to her in awe of her clear thinking and exemplary narration. Of course, she is none other than our young, sprightly Sabi aka Sabitha_K for her

"My Experiments With GOD !"

Sabitha's voracious vocabulary coupled with her timing and acute sense of using the right words at the right time, in the right context make her writing an absolute delight to read. Now add to this, an extremely affable persona. There's your winner combination right there!

Loved every bit of your insightful writing of this post Sabi! Simply outstanding and marvelous!!

Looking forward to many such pearls in the new year from you Sabi.

Finest Contribution :

Our winner for the Finest Contribution fills my heart with unadulterated admiration for her and makes my chest swell with pride knowing that she is a part of my IL family. She not only dared to dream but she made her dreams a reality. She even transformed some of the nightmares that life threw at her into a beautiful dream and a reality thereafter! hats off to her courageous spirit, kudos to the never-say-die attitude in her and salute to her infectious postivity!

Yes, she is none other than DG aka DreamGirl for her

"Today I am a successful girl"

DG's is success story that everyone MUST read. I remember DG from my early days in IL two years ago and for strange some reason this triumph of her's on ther challneging circumstances of her life feel like a personal victory for me.

DG, I am very proud of you, we are very proud of you. May the sun always shine on you and may you dream bigger dreams and make them all a reality!

So here's three cheers to our winners this month!!!

Moving to another year in life and in the FP..

Click here to know about the special gift .

Lots of luv,

Kamla and SS

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2010

2. SoaringSpirit

Hearty Congratulations to our nominator winners.

Congratulations to Jaya (Jpatma) for nominating the Finest Narration winner and to Custard for nominating the Finest Contribution winner.

Thank you for bringing these winning entires to the FP!

Luv,
    SS

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

SS,

Happy new year dear.

DG has come a long way from the one we know two years back. as you say her victory, leaves a sweet taste as if its our own.

DG
    way to go, dream and achieve more milestones. congrats on winning.

Sabi,

You post was a winner, the day you posted. you have a talent for putting across your thoughts so beautifully, and no wonder, many ilites could relate with it.

Congrast on winning the FP.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  4. SoaringSpirit

My dear friends,

As we move on to another year, I take a lot with me from the year gone by....

I am taking with me the wonderful interactions I have had with so many of you, the priceless nominations in the FP, those cherished times of reading wonderful posts, those enjoyable times of writing FBs to posts, those times of acknowledging the nominations and announcing the winner, those times of pure fun and humor.... those times of.... oh, there are so many of those wonderful times that I am carrying forward with me in this new year. I am already starting with so much positive balance in the account of my life that this year is undoubtly going to be nothing but great!

I owe all of this to you my friends. To my seen and unseen extended family here who has unknowingly stood by me through thick and thin. Who has filled my otherwise routine life with so much enthusiam and fun.

I look forward to carrying more such presents from you this year into the next year.. call me greedy, but that's exactly what I am asking for!

I hope that in some small way Kamla and I have been a happy part of your life.

In gratitude,
    SS

5. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear dear Sabi,

[​IMG]

CONGRATULATIONS, FELICITATIONS MA BELLE,

My heart overflows with joy!

I :bowdown to the excellent writer that you are, just so right that you are the FP Winner for best narration in the New Year...

Here's wishing you many more milestones in 2010, Sabi my dear friend...

LnBBHs,
    Padma

6. Padmasrinivas

Dear Dream Girl,

[​IMG]

Way to Go, DG!

Your post touched me deeply, but then challenges and obstacles are the stepping stones to success...

Hearty congrats on winning the Finest Contribution Prize for December '09, dear

A couple of quotes that I wanted to share..

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory -- George S. Patton

"If we do not rise to the challenge of our unique capacity to shape our lives, to seek the kinds of growth that we find individually fulfilling, then we can have no security: we will live in a world of sham, in which our selves are determined by the will of others, in which we will be constantly buffeted and increasingly isolated by the changes round us. -- Nena O'Neil"

LnBBHs,
    Padma

7. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Congratulations to the winners.

Dear Dg, Iam sure your story will be a inspiring note for many. Any way be brave and you will reach greater boundaries. Good luck.

Dear Sabitha...A very nice write up about God. You have really given many dimensions in thinking about Him. Good luck.

8. Padmasrinivas

Priya Atma-Sakhi Jaya,

Your unerring eye sure picked a WINNER!

Congrats on bagging the 'Nominator' prize, my dear soul-sister,

May the New Year take you to greater heights, dear Jaya

Jai Bhavani Maa!
    LnBBHs,
    Padma

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi DG
    Congrats you have fulfilled your dreams. I read your post it was excellent after so much of struggle you have done it:thumbsup:cheers
    All the very Best for your future.

Hi Saby
    Hmmm what to say even though I did not give fb there I was the 1st one to read your post:) as soon as you had posted it. I was dumb fonded not knowing what to reply it was one of the master piece.
    Hope to read many more from you. ..

Hi Jaya and Custard
    Congrats to both of you to spot out the excellent posts 1st.

10. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Sabitha for winning the Narration crown. I was so moved by your post that I went ahead and nominated it even after knowing many other people have already done it.
    We are eagerly waiting to read your posts. Do keep us busy with your wonderful writings, Sabitha.

And Jaya, I think 2010 has opened with a bang for you. First your comment to my blog Tell Me What To Do has been crowned as the finest blog. And then this nominator award. That only shows that you can write well as well as pick up the winning writers. Go ahead and celebrate, dear friend.

Hearty congratulations, DG for the Contribution Crown. In fact women these days require a lot of posts like that. Keep writing DG.

And to the Finest Moderators of the FP forum, Kamla and SS, as usual you have done your job well. I have been learning a lot from you guys.To handle FP Forum of a 62000 strong website is no easy task.And you two handle the brief flawlessly bringing fairness, justice, innovation and creativity to the table.

love,
    sridhar