Finest Posts- January 2016 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,
    The first month of 2016 is on its way out! Right here in Chennai, it has been a warm January. Fans are on full blast and the air-conditioners are all serviced and waiting to be switched on. Traditionally Shivratri signals the end of winter but this year, it could be sooner. The summer of 2016 could see some records getting broken according to the weather pundits. With a half a dozen States going to poll in May, we expect a lot of sparks to fly. But the question remains. Will the FP forum see the records tumble too? Even before the end of January, we have already received seven nominations and with another 26 days to go, the 17 nominations received in February last year could get surpassed!

I am not here to indulge in any speculative forecasts but for a different purpose altogether. Yes! It is time to announce the winners for January 2016. We have received 12 awesome nominations and each one of them is a potential winner. All the entries are from Good to read Forum and that’s a bit disappointing! Every forum in IL is strewn with awesome threads and it beats me why they do not get nominated. At the risk of repetition, I wish to reiterate that the Finest Posts are there everywhere and not in just Good to read forum.

Last month, it was our resident satirist who walked away with the Finest Narration award. This month, it is our resident philosopher who has earned that distinction though with a difference. He is getting it for the Finest Contribution and his prize winning subject is not philosophy but an expose of the murky nexus between the Police and the Corporate houses. We were all taken by surprise by this revelation and it was like revisiting Uncle Tom’s Cabin! Yes, our Viswa has donned a new role lately and has vowed to place many such dark facets of American life before us.

I have great pleasure in declaring Viswa’s
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/280171-slavery.html
    as the winner of the Finest Contribution Award of the Month. Thank you RamyaMusic for nominating this socially relevant entry!

Thanks to our unscrupulous politicians, we are conditioned to look upon the foreign nationals on the basis of the country of their origin. We seem to have poor opinion about certain countries without any reason whatsoever. We even look upon their sportsmen and cultural ambassadors as potentially dangerous. It is necessary that such perceptions need to change drastically based on reason and logic. Rith has brought out this aspect beautifully through her experience with A Pakistani. It brings to our minds Tagore’s Kabuliwalah!

I have great pleasure in declaring Rith’s
    Perception needs to be changed!!!
    as the Winner of the Finest Narration Award of the Month. Thank you Bhargavi for nominating this entry!

Dear winners and nominators, please PM your usernames, pin codes and contact numbers to IL_Admin so she can send your gifts. Thanks again!

Ciao again next month!
    Your
    FP Team

iman, satchitananda, Agatha83 and 7 others like this.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

My congrats to Viswa Sir and Rith.

3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congratulations dear Viswa sir and Rith :2thumbsup:

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congratulations @Viswamitra and @Rith and the nominators @Ramya Music and @knbg

1 person likes this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congratulations Vishwa and Rith

Agatha83

6. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations viswa sir, and Rith from winner finnest post of January

7. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Hearty Congratulations to @Viswamitra Sir and @Rith.

9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to Viswa and Rith
    Jayasala 42

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oh my Cheeinya sir! Where have I been? One read through your FP post and I realize so much is happening in the world. I must be living in my own head so much. As I saw the Finest post Jan post in the side bar, I wondered as to why the older posts are showing up till I realized that another month is up! Already! And thank you as always for reminding us that no matter what, the FP team is always on time telling us that time indeed is flying by!