Finest Posts-November 2015 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,
    Fortunately we have not had any rain for over a week now. Schools reopened after an unprecedented rain-break of 17 days. But more rains are forecast for another week now. Dark clouds are hovering above the city and there is a rumble as if the Heavens are having a bad stomach. Thanks to water stagnation everywhere, the city is full of bacterial and viral infections. The Doctors are the only guys who are sporting a smile and not without reason. The Internet and Power supply have been playing truant. Will I be able to announce the FP Winners on time this month, I ask myself. ‘You will’, assures my index finger and wistfully looks at the keyboard.

We have 12 nominations this month. We see the oldest member nominating a thread by a member who has just entered the Community. That’s the beauty of this monthly contest! As I look at all the 12 entries, one thought crosses my mind. And that is about the absence of the Lifetime Achievement Award for this nomination certainly deserves something like that! It has been active for close to 16 months now, has received over 3500 FBs and 3000 Likes. People are flocking to it in droves! The intellectual bonding that this thread is generating is something phenomenal. Even reluctant septuagenarians take part in it with youthful gusto! I am sure you know by now what thread I am talking about.

I have great pleasure in declaring Gauri03’s
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/e...2-lets-fire-up-those-neurons.html#post3336000
    As the winner of the Finest Contribution Award of the month.
    Thank you Rihana for nominating this thread.

You know that I ramble a lot besides taking part in FP activities. I know from experience that it is very tough to write something humorous. You can create all kinds of feelings in your readers but try making them laugh and you are as clueless as a South African batsman against Indian spinners! But this person handles humour like a fish taking to water. When she posts something, people can’t stop laughing like that fellow traveler of Mr.Bean! I refer to our resident humorist nonpareil you know who!

I have much pleasure in declaring meenasankaran’s
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...on/279228-driving-with-meena.html#post3646395
    As the Winner of the Finest Narration Award of the Month.
    Thank you Satchi for nominating it.

Dear winners and nominators, please PM your usernames, pin codes and contact numbers to IL_Admin so she can send your gifts. Thanks again!

Ciao again next month!
    Your
    FP Team

7 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Congratulations @Gauri03 and @Meena for bagging the award

Congratulations Rihana and Satchi for the worthy nomination

3 people like this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much for selecting the 'Neuron' thread as finest contribution for this month.

When I returned to IL after a gap of 3 years, one of first PMs I received was from my dear friend Aria/Lyraa. "So what about another quiz thread?" she asked and kept asking until I gave in. :) What an adventure it has been!

The recent upsurge of activity on the thread has been a delightful change from the slow, languorous pace we had become accustomed to. Many thanks are owed to the original patrons without whom this thread would not have existed -- @Lyraa, @sokanasanah and @deepslikes.

I cannot even begin to express my gratitude to all the neurites, new and old, who have kept this thread on the top threads sidebar for nearly a month! :)

@srama, @laks09, @1Sandhya, @PriyaSrini, @butterflyice, @satchitananda, @justanothergirl, @Rihana, @jskls, @viswamitra, @vaidehi71, @HappyMommy, @rohsiK, @surekhap, @candyy, @Akanksha1982, @jayasala42, @iyerviji,

(And many others who have dropped by once in a while)

Thank you all! Here's to many more creative puzzles and stimulating exchanges! :cheers

11 people like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hearty Congratulations Gauri @Gauri03 and Meena @meenasankaran, undoubtedly two of my favorite ILites! Feels so nice to see both of you win. And who nominated these two? Two other favorite ILs Satchi and Rihana! Thank you ladies. Why do I feel so happy? Oh well you know....;) so many of my favorite people...right here!

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to Gauri and Meena for winning the awards for November 2015. Thanks to Rihana and Satchi for nominating them. If the super moderators like to sweeten this occasion more, they should at least participate in one puzzle.:)

4 people like this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Congrats @gauri03 and @meenasankaran for winning the November nominations.
    Well deserved one !

1 person likes this.
  7. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

@gauri

Congrats and keep up the nice work.

1 person likes this.
  8. Lyraa

Lyraa New IL'ite

And she won't give in this time again till you agree that Lyraa is far better than Aria! C'mon she is far better , she is still around, has not effaced her profile , no Death of Morat (yet). She is composed and does not snap at slightest discomfort. She is everything you could ask for , cmon ..Gauri ..cmon ..yes I see the words crawling to the lips, just part and spurt the confession ..

Indeed an adventure! An adventure that had all the makings of grim and grunt of Francis Ford Coppola movie! Little did I realize what a pm in stupor can catapult to ...

I was surprised back then on seeing the status quo of the wilted E&G forum resembling the dust bowl of IL. Such lovely, skittish, smart women in the site and not one stimulating thread from swaggering Ferragamo women to keel the Ferrari men. I've written so much already about you and this initiative, splashing vociferously on all the forum walls I scraped, waxing encyclical and lyrical about this thread impertinently, that members may now feel a-ha! finally she has run out of plaudits. You bet!

This star-gazer has only observed only two supernovas in that forum 1) English Matters 2) Let's fire up the neurons. Rest of the threads were embers from solar flares. A supernova glows, builds up the radiation cloud, and finally reaches peak luminosity. The luminosity we are seeing now is accretion of that creative ore. The bewildered observers may not know when that explosion happened, how the neuron cloud coalesced, or even the fusion of stunts and ideas to keep it ablaze.

To me that misty and starry night when two hitchhikers whistled to create the biggest blast in that inky sky is the most endearing memory of IL. The puzzles, riddles , borges, shakespearean sonnets launched from the chevron locked coordinates from L.F.U.T.N using the star gate devised by Larry and Sergey is one of the best adventures I had at IL.

3 people like this.
  9. Arrul

Arrul Gold IL'ite

Congrats both winners ....

10. Lyraa

Lyraa New IL'ite

In school, I was fierce when I used to tell my friends, the show was good , wow, excellent but the host did no less job in compèring.

My friends used to controvert, "Duffer, that is the role of the host. They are just doing what they are supposed to be doing. What is so outstanding about it".
    Lyraa: "The style, there's a style factor, are you blind or deaf. Forget it! You are both"

Later in college from fierce I chose to be wary during music shows and used to inject in a soft tone:

"The show is good but it is the host who infuses that je-ne-sais-quoi"
    "Lyraa - you and your nuances!"
    "I mean he is that fibre"
    "Shut up!"

Now here I've evolved into oblique to escape from those widened stares

Choosing winners is not as complicated as weather forecast but even with pathological grunt and powered rumble in the background how can one deliver such fine and balmy vignette. And that 3-inches index finger has every reason to stand tall! Is it not?

2 people like this.