Finest Posts-December 2015 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,
    As I sit thinking how to announce opening of Nominations for December 2015 somewhat like Rodin’s Le Penseur, it strikes me that today being the Thanksgiving Day in U.S., it would be an ideal topic to begin. I start singing in a quiet undertone, ‘Let’s start at the very beginning, a very good place to start!’ I just happened to visit a US Government site that described Thanksgiving Day as “Thanksgiving is one of the most family-oriented holidays on the calendar, and it is easily the most “relaxed” of them since it is generally spent entirely at home with family and friends.”

My family essentially consists of all the lovely ILites who are very close to my heart. Who else can I celebrate Thanksgiving Day with but all of you? We started the FP Forum in 2007 and my buddy Kamla has been associated with it from inception. I joined her sometime in 2012. A five year seniority in a site that is about a decade old can be only likened to the position of Prime Minister vis a vis a minister of State! Yet my buddy Kamla never chose to throw her weight around and gave me complete freedom to be myself. I cannot thank her adequately for all the support she is giving me.

What is the FP forum without the active support of all of you who keep choosing the best you come across and nominate them here? But for your active participation, the FP forum would have lost its sheen long back. You certainly deserve a Thanksgiving Dinner complete with Turkey and side dishes and as I don’t fancy eating a turkey, I can only assure you of my presence clad in a turkey towel like a Roman Senator!

I can go on and on but I need to perform my essential task of announcing the opening of nominations for December 2015. Make it special with a hundred nominations! Will that be enough? Yeh dil maange more! Keep us chained to our computers. That’s the only way, you can thank us back!

Bring on your full quota of four nominations, my lovely friends! The December 2015 nominations are now welcome!

The FP Team
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check[COLOR=#009900 !important]this link
    below:Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the originalpost.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

5 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna

First of all Happy Karthigai to you. Seek your blessings on this auspicious day. Glad I am a part of IL and thanks to God who has given me a loving brother, I mean you. So as always I am here with my first nomination which is also about Thanks giving narrated well by our dear friend @jskls.You must have understood what thread it is

I was waiting for you to open December nominations to nominate this thread which is apt for Thanks giving day http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/279458-being-thankful.html

Forgot to mention as always awesome announcement

3 people like this.
  3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    You are indeed the life and soul of the FP forum! You never fail to amaze me with your enthusiasm and spirit. Month after month, you bring in your four nominations without fail and Kamla and I are specially thankful to you for this.

Thank you for the opening nomination of http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/279458-being-thankful.html by jskls. She has indeed touched our hearts with her warmth. She has shown that being thankful is a matter of the heart not of words. Her feeling of concern for the people of Chennai touched my heart. When Nature unleashes its fury, we really have nowhere to go but heartfelt good wishes of friends like jskls helped us to tide over this near deluge.

Thank you once again Viji! You are a sweetheart!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thank you my dear Anna . Month after month I wait for your awesome announcement and since I finish my nominations in the beginning only I am ready with the nomination for the following month. It gives me pleasure in nomination and hope to bring a smile on the person whose post is nominated. While going we are not going to take anything with us , with these simple pleasures I feel very happy , also to get your awesome reply to my nomination

1 person likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

My dear Vaidehi
    Thank you for your nomination of Viswa's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/279368-humanity.html a profound analysis of the atrocities being committed by a misguided few in the name of religion. Of late, we are coming across instances of violence in the name of religion being resorted to by even the so called tolerant religions. Intolerance is reigning supreme everywhere. Freedom of speech is ridiculed by armed gangs and we are slowly inching towards a totalitarian society as pictured by George Orwell in 1984.

What is appalling is that when society rises in revolt against the hanging of a criminal of gang rape and wanton murder, we just lump it when massive killing of people takes place in the name of religion. What is even more nauseating is the cold blooded killing like beheading of innocent victims. It is a matter of great pity that there is no perfect understanding among nations to ensure safety and freedom for law abiding persons.

This is indeed a timely snippet by Viswa. It is time that such feelings gather massive strength to protect humanity.
    Sri

2 people like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vaidehi,

You never fail to amaze me when I see your enthusiasm in IL including participation in the puzzle galore and reading of the snippets and responding to them despite your busy schedule. I can't thank you enough for your kind words and hence let me stop by saying I am truly humbled by your appreciation and nomination.

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

You have simply grasped the world happenings in two paragraphs but the content in your words are very powerful. It is always a pleasure reading your reply to the nominations and of course your announcements about opening a new FP month.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

My dear Viswa
    Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. As I was reading your reply to Vaidehi, I was smiling. These words of yours 'You never fail to amaze me when I see your enthusiasm in IL including participation in the puzzle galore and reading of the snippets and responding to them despite your busy schedule.' apply equally to you! You have only made my job easier! You have saved me the trouble of having to type these words with my index finger!
    Sri

2 people like this.
  9. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Viswa Sir.

Actually I ventured into neurons thread because of you. I was thinking since you had gone there it should be spiritual thread and so visited it. In the end participated for a while and currently being silent. In fact as Cheeniya Sir pointed out it I am only amazed at your enthusiasm. So actually you had been my Guru and I just followed you. Otherwise I would never have even visited that thread. Infact I never knew what that thread was about even though it had been sometime. Actually I was off IL for some years now and just started participating again.

@Cheeniya

Mama,

You had told what I intended to tell. Thanks and so I thought I would share my venture my neurons thread was basically because of Viswa Sir only and the credit goes to him and I enjoy the puzzles he puts there because they are spiritual oriented themes.

Thanks to both of you and my namaskarams to both of you.

1 person likes this.
  10. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.