Finest Posts - September 2015 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Here we are again at that moment of excitement and exuberance...Our own IL Awards Gala! Hope you all have donned your most comfortable attire and settled in front of your screens to appreciate and applaud our winners?!

Did you note how considerate we are? Did not ask for evening gowns, Kanjeevarams or tuxedos! Only comfy clothes. No walking red carpets, only relaxing red chairs or chairs of any color for you to lounge and enjoy the announcement! So, the screens are alight, curtains drawn and the winners are right here on the podium for your pleasure!

We at IL have our own budding authors who will be tomorrow's stars! Some writers who have written stories, poems and other middles in IL have gone on to publish their own books and have received recognition and accolades in case you didn't know. There is not much doubt that this young writer will follow suit. Though this writer's story was packed with suspense, I shall not do the same and will release the name at once:

Winner of Finest Narration is Daisy for her Secret Admirer!
    Congratulations @daisy2015!

Come on friends, I am not talking about her secret admirer! I of course have no clue if she has one for she is relatively a new ILite and she has not confided in me, yet! But you should read the story to find out more about the secret admirer she talks about! I am not telling as it is the suspense!

Daisy has produced a neat little fiction which makes for a pleasant read. Though a short serial, it carried enough twists and turns and keeps the readers engaged. Her writing style is easy and appealing. We surely look forward to more such contributions from her.

Link:Secret Admirer

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I remember quite clearly this ILite's response to a winning post recently! It was so interesting a nd very obvious she had much to say. I also remember asking the member to post her account of life experiences as we may learn something too. We as a community could benefit from it, apply to our experiences and contemplate upon her thoughts. Thankfully, she did not disappoint! Today, we have the pleasure of bringing you another winner:

Winner of the Finest Contribution is Gitasharma for her Anubhav & Anubhuti!
    Congratulations @gitasharma

Anubhav means experience. It would be apt to say that reading her snippet was a pleasurable anubhav for me and I have no doubt all those who have read it agree with me. The anubhuti part comes later, as it should, and for me, it would be manifold for not only did it make me nostalgic, it also provided me a certain happiness as I get to announce it as the winner! How will I ever forget this Anubhuti?! Thank you.

Link: Anubhav & anubhuti

==================

This show cannot be complete if we do not mention those who brought us the above winners! Our thanks goes to @Arunarc and @Iyerviji ! Please take your bow friends and keep up the good work!

We request the winners and the three nominators to please send your usernames, pin codes and contact numbers to IL_Admin by pm so your gifts can be sent to you! Thank you.

Your,
    FP Team

2 people like this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Thank you all for keeping the September month swinging with plenty of nominations, each excellent in their own way! Being a month that saw a beginning to the festival season, I expected a lot more posts about celebrations. Though the snippet forum was aplenty with such posts, our nominators brought in a wide variety of posts to FP, making it clear how discerning they are!

Yet, philosophical and spiritual posts seem to capture the imagination of our ILites, thanks to @Viswamitra and @Jayasala42 and not to forget @Akanksha1982 who is following the trend although with a huge dose of humor sprinkled in between her lines! Thanks to their posts, we learn to look more inwards and pay more attention to better our outlook, the purpose of life and pay more close attention to certain practices we follow blindly in life. The amazing insights into spirituality and morality that Viswa brings is both at once daunting and informative. When Jayasala expounds about life and living and Cheeniya sir joins in with his educated views, we cannot but be thankful for being in this enriching community!

There were many first timers in the nomination list which always gladdens me and Cheeniyasir as this promises a more variety and more entertainment all round. I heartily welcome @jskls,@AbhinayaJ, @gitasharma, @daisy2015, @Katochsimi to the fraternity of writers and hope all of you keep enthralling us with more of your write ups!

It was nice to have our @RGSrinivasan back in full swing and @Satchitananda, the constant staple of the finest post in action!

Some posters went one step further making their posts interactive in the true sense. @bmaquarious made some men a little queasy with her questioning post (Cheensaar?!!) while our @Iyerviji sweetened it for everyone-- man, woman and herself!

The surprise element of the month anyways is @Kamalji! Going totally against his usual vein of humor, he left everyone teary eyed with his snippet. Well, goes to show that you cannot judge the book by its cover!

Thus ended our September nominations...Offering us a bit of everything to savor..fun, frolic, wisdom, culture and all in all, Entertainment!

Thank you all! I note that the next month's nomination thread has already started off with a bang. Will meet you there!

L, Kamla

4 people like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Winners,

My hearty congratulations to both Daisy and Smt. Gita Sharma.

Dear Nominators,

Keep up the great work Aruna and Vijiakka. Apart from producing gem of a snippet on your own, you both are great in finding gems inside the IL community.

Dear Kamla,

I am very humbled by your kind words directly at me. I will begin my prayers to live up to your expectations. You keep surpassing your own previous excellence in announcing the winners. There is a reason why you are titled as FP Queen.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

That comfy chair I had drawn up with my ugly warm pajamas did not go waste at all! Your announcement is no less than any other red carpet event and why should we follow the Jones' anyways and do it red carpet style. Our style is just perfect @Kamla and you just proved. I could visualize you though in a pretty saree with a mile in your hand walking swiftly around our imaginary stage and bringing us this announcement and I know you reserve those skates for other much needed occasions!

3 people like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hearty Congratulations @daisy2015 and @gitasharma well deserved and well presented with such style :) Look forward to reading more of you.

Congratulations and thank you @Aruna, Viji aunty, (@Iyerviji) and V sir (@viswamitra) for bringing these gems to the FP forum so that we all get a chance to read them.

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Hearty Congrats to Daisy 2015 and Gita Sharma for their excellent outputs and the nominators who brought them to limelight.The most deserved selections!
    Jayasala 42

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

First of all @Kamla dear congratulations for completing 10 years in IL on October 13, 2015 about which I started a thread in IL Milestones and noticed that you have given like there

As always superb announcement and I am glad that though I did not get an award my nominated post has got an award. I am happy for Gita . I dont know whether you remember you had told her to write in snippets and though she has just joined in April 15 , 2015 she has bagged the award for September.

You might feel I am crazy but I felt I might get the award because there were four nominations . I have only grown old by years but my heart is still like a child expecting so many things in life but only some wishes of mine are fulfilled but not that I am not contented with my life, I am happy and thanks to God for whatever I have got and I feel I am the happiest person in the world.

Everyone month I wait for the 25th of the month to nominate first for the next month and last day or first of the next month to see who are the winners

Sorry for the long post

8. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @Kamla :Bow:. I am on cloud nine today from the moment I saw your PM saying "Congratulations". I rushed here to see if it is real or a dream. I can't put it in exact words, that tickling feeling that I felt in my heart.

3 people like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Gita

Congratulations for winning the award for September. More than you I was very happy when I logged in in the morning . But after logging out only remembered I could have given you the news through whatsapp. It did not strike that I can call you and inform you also, so immediately called but could not get you. As everyone knows here I want to be the first in everything, so wanted to give you the information first. Luckily later when I called I got you on line before you become busy during the day. I am happy that my nominated post of yours got the award, I am feeling in cloud 9 as if I got the award as you have become very close to my heart and we are able to keep in touch through whatsapp and phone

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Daisy

Hearty congratulations . Aruna always selects the best.

1 person likes this.