Finest Posts- October 2015 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,

“October's the month
    When the smallest breeze
    Gives us a shower
    Of autumn leaves.”
    And now who could have said that? Srama? It is quite possible that she actually sang that song as she set about clearing the golden leaves from her garden. Words follow eulogizing October.
    "Just before the death of flowers,
    And before they are buried in snow,
    There comes a festival season
    When nature is all aglow."
    This is a month that is passable even in the eastern hemisphere. You may have surely noticed the absence of my usual cribbing about the beastly weather in Chennai!

The month of September last year saw some hectic activity in FP but the following month registered a steep fall in the number of nominations. Maybe all that cleaning of the autumn leaves left you thoroughly exhausted and as you were resting to let the restoration of the tissues back to their number, the minor issue of nominating a thread in the FP forum did not enjoy the usual priority. Let us put the past behind us. This is 2015 and the tribe of nominators has been increasing faster than that of Abou Ben Adhem! So I have every reason to hope that the nominations will shift to top gear and enthral all of us!

I express such a hope more particularly because the nominators do not have to wander through some kind of wilderness like Paran anxiously looking for a stray oasis! The new crop of writers have turned the arid wilderness of Paran into a lush green forest that renders guys like Robert Frost sleepless! Off we go then, friends! The nominations for October 2015 beckon us! Just give me two minutes to polish the vanishing letters on my antique keyboard back to visibility!

Your FP Team
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forwarded Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

6 people like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

What an intro, Cheeniya sir! Oh well, coming from you, it is no surprise. Your pen wields a rare magic which nary another can. Am coming here to nominate a post. The difference this time is that it is a feedback to a thread. The other difference is that I partially agree to the points made and have reservations about some other. However, the beauty of the post lies in the way it has been analysed and presented so eloquently, I can't but nominate it. This post is a reply to bmaquarius's post which I nominated in September. Who else but jaysala42 could put together such a reply.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...277670-why-do-men-have-all-2.html#post3624332

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi
    You may have nominated the first post this month but my dear sister Viji has given me the first 'Like' for my announcement! Thank you for your nomination of jayasala's FB to the thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...277670-why-do-men-have-all-2.html#post3624332

I really do not know which of the points that she has raised have met with your approval and which ones made your eyebrows knit in disagreement. But I must say that she has been not only eloquent but convincing too. Forget about men having all the fun. That is beside the point. Suffice it to say men have it in their genes. But basically the concept of fun is not the same for men and women. For that matter, the concept of fun is not the same for all men. I have seen men shuffling and dealing cards all the time in the clubs and I have also seen men thronging to hear Velukkudi Krishnan, Sunanda Parthasarathy and the like. Women are no less disparate. Everybody does pursue whatever is fun according to them.

Ever since I came across this title, I am asking myself only one question. Did I have any fun in my life, let alone all the fun? If I did, would it be something that Mukesh Ambani approve of with a benign smile?
    Sri

3 people like this.
  4. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

Heya,

Did you read "Inke thoda zyadaa lagenge" post? What you cannot find it?
    Ab aapko thoda zyaada attention pay karna chahiye..

Look wider, scan advanced and you will find one of the honest and sweetest post I read in IL this month and skittered to nominate burning 10 calories, 15 or 30 calories, and another 20 writing this post. It is embarrassing to nominate friends even more so nominating buddies but if one of them does something astounding how can I not shirk those lazy limbs and drag myself to this forum to nominate as finest contribution.

I've seen very few narrative posts of @Gauri03. Her forte is blasting pseudo-science, stimulating neurons, debunk of logical fallacies, and occasionally hitch her sluggish brow and pass the cutest smile. Only this constituency of steely mind and funny tongue can generate a piercing stab and mile-wide smile and with her post.

You still searching for the post? Uffo ...http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...7686-what-made-you-want-lose.html#post3624270

3 people like this.
  5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Second @Orianas nomination.
    "Inke thoda zyadaa lagenge" post is just plain awesome !

1 person likes this.
  6. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

I zoomed past your post while casting my nomination, reading bits and bobs "September", "October", "Chennai", "Nominator", hold on will read later.

After I closed my laptop, a hintered section of my brain still lingering and assimilating what you had written was recollecting, something was rattling ..

Paran, Robert Frost
    Abou, Robert Frost,
    Paran, Robert Frost, Abou
    What do they have in common: paran, robert frost and abou ...

(desert, road, tribe)

How on earth did Cheeniya constellate these objects and give them starring role in his post. One poet, one mystic, one desert!

You know what Cheeniya, throw you any random words/people and you will swimmingly integrate them into your post and smirk whilst people like me given the same words will fidget. Your keynote post is simply

Nice.jpg

(forget it! don't embarrass yourself by expressing something that cannot be captured in words)

3 people like this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Satchitananda for nominating my response to bmaquarius's snippet.
    This topic has been in air since 1960 when women started working.My husband never informed anyone that I was working for fear of being branded as 'double engine'.l Whether men co operate in house hold affairs is a different issue.But they face many delicate situations in the orthodox society of ours. Now many things have changed. Women working has been taken for granted .

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

What a lovely introduction to the month of October! While I did feel wonderful and was all smiles looking at the fallen leaves, the gentle yet the definite change in color, wondering about the gentle breeze after an amazing run both you and I know that I do not possess that kind of eloquence. It is all you sir who can bring that and more. It definitely is a lovely welcome to the month of October and yes, looks like the milder weather in Chennai has a happy chirpy Cheeniya sir introducing October and that is the way we like it!

2 people like this.
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya,

October sounds appealing the way you paint it. True, words of Srama as you quote adds a thrill and clouds the dim thoughts of the oncoming winter months! Also, like she mentioned in her above reply, the milder weather of Singara Chennai seems to add to the already overflowing charm of your wo

Both Satchitananda and Oriana have expressed all that I want to about your October's opening post. . Actually, being prolific and talented writers, they have put it far better than I ever could! In spite of sounding repetitive and boring you, I must once again reiterate and say how awe inspiring and how exciting I find your write up are, not to mention how educative! I had forgotten all about Abou Ben Adhem and thanks to you, I am now praying his tribe may increase, of course!!

Thank you for understanding my dilemma at present and for being there for FP and me by attending to all the nominations, announcements and feedbacks! Not that anyone is complaining! As a matter of fact, there must be a number of silent thank you's sent to me for they get to enjoy more of Cheeniya's excellent posts!l

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

Superb announcement as always. Satchi, Srama and Kamla have already mentioned about it . Now Navratri is coming and everyone wants to show their talents and we can meet all our friends during Navratri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.