Finest Posts- September 2015 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,

‘Autumn's ashes, summer's embers

on the sidewalk’ sings Anais Mitchell as she opens her arms out to September. ‘How suddenly the summer died, I couldn't bring it back to life, I couldn't sing it back to life’, she goes on to lament. She would not be doing it if she was a Chennai girl. She is probably from one of those exotic American locales which witnesses meteoric showers with unfailing regularity. Chennai on the contrary has four lovely seasons- Summer, intense Summer, Summer and mild Summer! So September does not hold any promise to us in India but we welcome it with great gusto for a different reason. This is a season that is infested with various colourful festivals that cater to the needs of young and old. From gourmets to spiritualists, everyone will be hyperactive though for different reasons!

How is it going to be for the FP forum? Going by the pattern of the past, September promises to be a very active month. Last year we had received 26 nominations during September and we have every reason to expect an encore. We have quite a few prolific writers who keep producing marvelous stuff. This leads me to think that our nominators are not as active as they were in the past. The FP forum owes its success entirely to the keen nominators who pick out the best that they come across for nomination here. I do hope that they will be back in the business they are best known for. My request to them is to use their full quota of four nominations without fail.

“September indeed is a month that sneaks in, not much fan fare, quieter in a way but brings in many changes - schools re opening, just as we get used to the schedules, the bus stops, the new teachers, a small break with labor day weekend helping all of us to catch a breather and more importantly, the changes in weather that it brings in - not too cold, not too hot but signs of approaching fall all around us with a slight yet a definite changes in color! September is the month sir, it is the month to look forward to!”, was how Srama responded when we announced opening of nominations for last September. Her words augured well last year. I am quoting them hoping that they will augur well for this year too!

Off we go then! Bring in the best here as always! Let us keep the FP flag flying!

The FP Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

5 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

As always awesome announcement about September nominations. I am always there till I am alive to nominate and finish my nominations before the beginning of the month or in the first week of the next month. I should have written this first and then the nomination but being Iyerviji who wants to be the first in everything and being your sister wanted to nominate the above post

September is an interesting month as there are many functions and also I had joined in September 8 years back

2 people like this.
  4. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    Nice to see you opening the account for September with your nomination of http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/276570-raakhi-rocky-relationship.html by jskls
    In real life, I have not had the pleasure of having a sister. I just have an elder brother. But in the virtual world, I have quite a few sisters and you lead them. I know your intense and genuine affection for me and I feel so warm about it. Years ago, there was a song sung by Lata in Choti Bahen about Raakhi which continues to be my great favourite. You may listen to it here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUropd95zg0

jskls has analysed the reasons for a brother-sister relationship going sour. She has cited the example of the movie Pasamalar and feels that the spouse could be the reason for it. As long as we maintain a level head, no outside force including the spouse can have any impact on our relationship with our siblings.
    Sri

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you my dear Anna for the song, I also love that song very much. @parineetha has given an apt feedback for thepost

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

September thread....

What? How? When?!

Cheeniya sir, how did we come to September so fast, so soon?! :)

However, cannot deny the absolute pleasure experienced by me reading the opening post penned by you! Even as I read it, the Come September theme music kept ringing in my years. Thinking of that movie, must say your words gave me the same pleasure that movie gave me years ago. Oh, did we not all swoon over Rock Hudson (okay guys, you all swooned over that Lolo gal!!) and loved the innocent looking Sandra Dee while Bobby Darin crooned Multiplication to her?!

Oh, where did September take me to--from our FP to past FP (Frolicky Period)!

Well, with Vijima visiting us, I think all will be well and what with that quote of SabithaRama, have no doubts that the thread will be a rollicking one.

However, I send my sincere prayer to Sun God that he blesses Singara Chennai with some benevolent rays!

Here's waiting for cool and classy posts this September.

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Now now now dear Cheeniya sir!! You did surprise me by quoting what I said last September. I did not know I had said that. But it is the truth you know just that this September seems different. Unlike @Kamla this time around I am not surprised that it is September already. On the contrary I am eagerly waiting especially for that labour day weekend - I so need that one extra day to catch up and come to grips with all that is happening. So thank you again for reminding that it is almost there! Phew what a relief.

But my favorite has got to be the temperatures and that night sky! I can't wait to enjoy both. Looking at the bright side of Chennai's summers though one can be assured that there is no need for Anais Mitchell to bring summers back to life :) Little does she know it is present always, not to speak of the festive season. Who is even thinking of anything else other than food, fun and frolic!

Well sir, that was a neat and lovely introduction to September and I can already feel the lovely weather, the changes in color, the fallen leaves, kids at bus stops ...oh I do love September!

1 person likes this.
  8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I got my own reasons 2b excited! 1. My bday! :p 2. Am visiting my home this sep! Yay! Chennai!!

9. Cheeniya

My dear Srama
    Let me share a secret with you. Whenever I get hold of a copy of Readers' Digest, I rush to the 'Towards more picturesque Speech' page and see if any of your text is quoted there. What is so surprising about my quoting your earlier take on the subject of September, when most of what you write is of quotable category?
    Sri

10. Cheeniya

My dear kaniths
    Happy birthday to you though I do not know if I am late or early to wish you. May God bless you with the best of everything always!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.