Finest Posts - August 2015 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

It is 8th already from the lot of 12 we celebrated opening just a few weeks ago.....Or??

You think I am writing gibberish? Perhaps I am! For I am coming a little undone at the speed with which the days are rolling by! Why so ? I mean, why does the time race by so fast? No,it surely must be me! Time is going by at its usual pace, of course, for some, it may even be crawling. Not so for me. I wonder if it has something to do with age?? Oops, it could be that! But then, I really don't want to inspect that aspect too closely! So friends, lets skip the topic and come to the point...
    :biggrin2:

btt The topic being, it is August. The 8th month of the year 2015 which actually started, yes, seven long months ago! Before we realize, surely we will be welcoming another new year! When one is kept busy like we are in our IL forum with so many write ups be it snippets, stories, poems or expression of ideas and thoughts or even a valuable advice or question that gives rise to interesting discussions, passage of time does not register! Yes, that's the reason why our time just flies! Don't you all agree? !!

Reading and enjoying some great inputs, the months just fly by and we are here welcoming the month of August. Like every month in the past, I am more than sure that August will present us a new palette of colorful write ups which will be read and appreciated and brought here to FP forum as nominations by our discerning members who want to share all that they enjoyed.

I also hope that August brushes away all the lethargy we may have experienced in the last month and everyone is brimming with active energy adding to the number of nominations which sort of looked bleak at the count of ten?!?!
    :wave: :welcome

Awaiting that pleasure, we pronounce the thread for August nominations open! Go ahead and rock the boat friends!
    :yes:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the originalpost.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

2 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamla

As always an awesome announcement for the month of August and I am here to welcome you . From August starts the month of functions also my birth month. Hope this month there are more nomination and you and Cheeniya Sir have a tough time selecting the finest post. For you its Good night and for me Good Morning

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear buddy Kamla
    If days are flying by at the speed of light, it can mean only one thing. You are busier than ever before. For a laid-back couch potato like me, days drag their feet like a robot-toy with a nearly run-out battery! It is good that we are working in tandem because I provide all the stability to the days in mad rush.

Don't worry about the lackadaisical response to our July nominations. Everyone in IL knows that you have a Midas Touch and your announcement of August nominations is going to keep us on our toes. A great announcement, Kamla!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna and Kamla

I know I am crazy of being first in giving fb and nominating and wait for the announcement of the nomination as I finish my nominations in the beginning of the month only. This time I thought I will wait but what to do this post attracted me for the positive attitude she has and it is difficult to see such a person adjusting with mother in law in this present age . She is new to IL and joined today and I liked her first snippet. Its @Anjalisajith's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/275562-breakfast.html#top

3 people like this.
  6. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Vijima (@iyerviji) for nominating my thread. mademydaysmiley

The forum and the thread is an extension of my passion for reading. Reading can be a lonely experience but when there are friends to share it with, the book is our ticket to adventure. And this is the idea behind the thread, pick a good book and make new friends.

4 people like this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Thank you so much for the appreciation. It always means a lot to me.

Yes, let us hope our FP patrons will all grace us without fail and keep the form a bustling one!

L, Kamla

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

I cannot thank you enough for always being there with your encouraging words. It truly means a lot to me and many others too in IL who are at the receiving end of your appreciative words. IL is a lovely place thanks to memebers like you!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@jskls , my dear Jskls It was a real surprise for me to see my post being nominated. I dont know how to thank you for this nomination. I am so happy and I am at a loss of words to appreciate you for the nomination. At this age these small pleasures brings me happiness and a desire to live . Thank you for bringing a smile on my face with your nomination early morning and with your appreciation for the post.

I am glad this is your first nomination and that too of my thread

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.