Finest Posts- June 2015 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    I am stuck like a Judge who had only had a cursory look at the law books in his entire career and now asked to deliver a judgment in a case that could have a telling effect on the future of the country. We have thirteen entries lined up for the coveted FP Award for the month of June 2015. All of them are as lustrous as the Nine Gems of King Vikramaditya’s court. Of course thirteen cannot be equated with nine but I do not know of any King who had 13 eminent people in his court. So pardon this small aberration in the announcement!

When facing the daunting task of having to select the two Finest from among the best 13 nominations, I have no choice but to take refuge under Orwellian edict that ‘All are equal and some are more equal than others’. In other words, all the thirteen nominations have sufficient merit to deserve the FP Award of the month but still I have to comply with the convention of choosing the Finest. To complicate matters further, many of the writers who have been nominated this month are all giants; who am I to judge such stalwarts as Viswa, meenasankaran, Aria, and Ojaantrik?

Talking of stalwarts, it is a matter of great joy that they are many who are nominated here show a lot of promise and I have no doubt that they will be very soon challenging the accredited stalwarts! Isn’t that great news for IL? The family of FP winners is expanding rapidly and that amply justifies the purpose of this monthly exercise. Now coming to the two ‘Finest’ of the nominated entries, I shuffle my feet and run my pensive fingers through the silvery beard. I knot and unknot my brows like MN Nambiar, the famous villain of yore.

Pushing the cart through the corridors of a well stacked supermarket is an experience that could be as emotionally and physically draining as driving through the chaotic roads of a mad metropolis. How beautifully it has been brought out by kaniths in her highly popular snippet of the month

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s.../273531-hypermarket-and-the-hypertension.html

I am happy to declare this as the Winner in the Finest Narration Category. Thank you Aria for this nomination of the Winning entry!

The concept of nuclear families was highly prevalent in the bygone era but the changes that have taken place in our social and familial fabric have made it a fantasy now! But then when someone talks about it, the overwhelming nostalgia that wells up in our hearts is enough proof of the great and enduring merit in this system. Vijubala has done an exemplary job in painting a colourful picture of the nuclear families. She has given some valuable tips about rearing a family in the nuclear style!
    I am happy to declare Vijubala’s

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/274250-nuclear-getting-nuclear.html

as the Winner in the Finest Contribution category. Thank you Viswa for your nomination of this Winning entry!

Dear winners and nominators, please PM your usernames, pin codes and contact numbers to IL_Admin so they can send your gifts. Thanks again!

Ciao again next month!
    Your
    FP Team

7 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

Finest announcement for the finest post in the Finest Posts of June . I saw your reading both these posts , so I had a doubt that these two posts will be selected as winners

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@kaniths dear double congratulation to you , first for winning the award for your excellent post which @Aria had nominated and second because you bagged the prize in the second month only.

@vijubala dear congratulations for winning the finest contribution

Congrats @Viswa and @Aria for selecting the awesome posts

1 person likes this.
  4. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congratulations Kaniths & Vijubala :clap

Just had the time to read, completely enjoyed the fabulous stuff.. keep them coming please.

Thumbs up to Viswa Sir and Aria for nominating them.
    Viswa Sir - you're always spot on and it was indeed a gem. :)))

5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congrats to winners.
    Jayasala

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hearty Congratulations kaniths and vijubala. Thank you as always Aria and V sir for bringing these gems to the FP forum!

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Kaniths
    & @vijubala,

Congratulations to both of you for winning the Finest narration and Finest contributions for the month of June 2015. I truly enjoy both your writings and hopefully, you both will write more frequently in IL.

Cheeniya Sir,

I can understand the difficulty in choosing especially when hrastro's "how do you keep your kitchen always ready?", meenasankaran's "documentation for dummies" and last but not the least Aria's "school for feedback-ers?" are nominated. Each one of them won the heart of ILites and therefore, they are winners by default.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Hearty Congrats to Winners.

@Kaniths Super!!! this weekend you don't have to worry about filling your cart up. go for it and enjoy your shopping....

@Vijubala loved your Nuclear getting Nuclear snippet. Love to read more of yours....

1 person likes this.
  9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Its my day afterall I think! I also won an air ticket in a lucky draw today...Ha ha cool! smiley-dance013.gif

Thank you everyone for the love & encouragement! smileys-applause-676852.gif
    Special thanks to @Aria for nominating! smileys-happy-427623.gif

Congrats @Vijubala... We rocked it! Yay! smileys-black-548282.gif

3 people like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Then triple congratulations @kaniths dear, where is the treat

1 person likes this.