Finest Posts - June 2015 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    The sizzler of a month is drawing to a close. We need to endure four more days of Agni Nakshathram but it is not as if there will be a dramatic change in the sizzling hot weather on the very next day. My years of experience have taught me that June will be equally hot. We hear that more than 500 people have dropped down dead in the streets of Andhra, UP, Bihar and elsewhere in the heat wave conditions.

But don’t worry! We are not going to be stupefied into inaction by all this heat. Years of experience have taught us to keep a cool head even if the rest of the body is boiling. The affairs of FP will go on as merrily as ever. Incidentally my buddy and partner Kamla is chilling out in Canada and is expected back in action with greater vigour and warmth. May saw a total of 14 nominations despite the holiday season and that compares favourably with May last year. Further we also saw nominations being made from a wide spectrum of forums. That indeed is good news.

We now invite nominations for June 2015. Get moving like butterflies gathering honey to pick out the best posts from across the site for nomination. In other words, continue doing your excellent work without which the FP Forum would have downed the shutters long back! Just a word for you! A lot of promising new members have been turning out awesome stuff and do give them special attention.

Happy hunting!
    The FP Team

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check[COLOR=#009900 !important]this link
    below:Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nominationthread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the [COLOR=#009900 !important]original[/COLOR]post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

6 people like this.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

5 people like this.
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Rain or shine, tornadoes or scorching heat....Our FP goes on and on and who but you are a proof to that constant! Others may chill or shiver, sweat or swelter-- CS manages to keep spreading the pleasant warmth and and the cool caressing breeze with his magic words!

Thanks for being a sport and for always being there with your gallant and helpful nature even as I do my disappearing act!

You have opened the June thread with a bang. No amount of heat will keep our IL'ites away from responding to your call!

L, Kamla

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,

You did it! I meant, you beat our First Lady at her own game and I don't need to mention who it is, right?? See, if you can play with us, we can do the same too, right?!!

Thanks for bringing this cute little poem, http://www.indusladies.com/forums/poetry/272686-who-says-age-only-number.html, to us written by Pushpavalli Srinivasan. She should know it all, I agree!

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear rgs,
    I never expected my silly poem to be nominated for the finest post by our master poet RGS in his unique style.

Thanks a lot for nominating my poem,

PS

1 person likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I hope you do not mind if I write here with out actually nominating a post...yet! I have to tell you almost startled me with this reminder that June is here. I did not believe it and to make sure I went and checked the calendar, for real! It indeed is almost the end of May. Where is the time flying? And you mentioning Agni nakshtram drove me to look up an Indian news paper and was alarmed reading the news about the heat wave in India. Then, wrote to my friends in whatsapp, telling them now I understood their pleas to Lord Hanuman to swallow the Sun again! IMG-20150525-WA0004[1].jpg

I don't know what world I live in! Makes me wonder sometimes. But it is good to see that you are here reminding us of the months rolling by. It is a good feeling, thank you for being there and am sure glad to have Kamla back! Welcome back Kamla :)

Enjoyed your June FP opening post!

5 people like this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

[h=3]Is happiness perceived or felt? by Shri Viswa is being nominated for the finest post.It deals with subtle difference between gratification and satisfaction. Viswa has tried to establish that though we cannot escape activity in life supported by emotions, how we can derive happiness of the highest order.An exemplary essay with fine colours.[/h]
    Though I beg to differ from his views in certain aspects, he stands very tall amidst IL team with his high philosophical thoughts clearly defined.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

Superb announce ment as always. Here in Mumbai also its very hot and all are waiting for the rains to come soon. Though in Bombay whether it is rain or summer its always hot but not so hot as in summer

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamla

I am glad that RGS took the lead and posted a worthy nomination of Pushpa Mami

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.