Finest Posts - May 2015 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Dear friends,
    Here we present you the brand new thread for nominations for the month of May 2015!

May is a much awaited month at least I my part of the world. We are tired of the winter months and thoroughly chilled to the bones with all the cold, snow and ice. Even as the onset of spring paints a cheerful picture with the trees all laden with blooms of various hues and the birds sing their sweet chirps non stop, there still is a nip in the air that makes us hug our wool lens! So we eagerly look forward to May to bring in that warmth so we can breath freely with cottons adorning us.

Similarly here in FB, we look forward to be engulfed in the warmth of all the posts that is brought here with equally admiring warmth by those who have learnt the art of appreciation of a good written word!

So here we are all set and rearing to go!

Your FP Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check [COLOR=#009900 !important]this link

below:Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nominationthread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the [COLOR=#009900 !important]original
    post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

You Might Find These Useful:

[/COLOR]

You Might Find These Useful:

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

[/COLOR]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

1 person likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Kamla dear as always sweet nomination though it is short this time and as always I am here first . We in Mumbai though like May for the functions etc. cant bear the heat and this month because of agni nakshatram the heat will be more.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I have never nominated a post here, but this one touched my heart !

Lakshmi lost her husband in an IAF crash 2 years back, but found herself.

She has not written much, she has not used a lot of metaphors, she has not even written about any of her emotions and you read it with a heavy heart, but Lakshmi's fighting spirit shows through and touches you and makes you stand tall and brush away all your insignificant worries!

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/life-without-spouse/271170-born-again.html

4 people like this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

As always, you are the first to respond in the new thread and you by now know how much we like the fact that you be the one to cut the ribbon!

You are right that it was a short opening post and that is because I have only my iPad with me at present and it is a bit erratic to work with iand is giving me a lot of problems! Hence I had no go but keep it short...

coming to to your nomination of Jayasala, unfortunately the link you have given is taking me only to the forum page of our Indusladies. I don't know if the trouble lies at my end? Please clarify the title of her post once again and help me out. Thanks in advance!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hrastro,

A very worthy nomination and I totally agree with you that she is some lady! Thanks for this nomination and do come back with more such gems!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

2 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear buddy Kamla
    You have once again proved that brevity is the soul of wit. This is perhaps your shortest and sweetest post so far announcing the opening of Nominations. But I must request you not to lay too much emphasis on the weather of the month and mentioning of chirpy birds and nip in the air. You must understand that the other half of the FP team lives in the Eastern Hemisphere where May is the month of Agni Nakshathram when things catch fire on their own and you can have barbecued Cheeniya to your heart's content if you are a cannibal! Birds here don't chirp but can be as nasty as the ones you observed in Hitchcock's immortal movie, Birds.

Nevertheless, the Eastern Inferno can be as conducive for creative writing as the nip in the air of the West! So the nominations will continue to pour in I guess. May I drink a toast to the May nominations?
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of Jayasala's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/271191-too-busy-not-a-tribute.html
    It is quite in the fitness of things that you have rushed in to nominate this thread amidst your busy schedule. In fact, you were so busy that you first nominated a wrong link and corrected it on the go!

During my banking days, I used to be quite fond of quoting Robert C Edwards: 'If you want work well done, select a busy man-the other kind just has no time!' Robert implied by this quote that a genuinely busy man would always be willing to share an extra load because of his love of work. He feels lost when he is not busy. He would never say he is busy. On the contrary, people who keep trumpeting about their being busy are not really all that busy. Lena Tamilvanan, son of the famous Tamizhvanan would often say that if you give a free all expense paid ticket to Singapore to these busy people, then they will find time to take the next flight! That explains the nature of their 'busyness'.

Jayasala has made a very valid point in her thread. People who think that they are very busy must think from time to time whether they are busy with really worthwhile projects. In fact I have a cousin who gets very annoyed being disturbed when he is engaged in solving a Sudoku! He would shout at people 'Can't you see I am busy?'
    Sri

4 people like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna and Kamla

By nominating the wrong link I am glad that I got reply from you and Kamla , otherwise I would have got from only one person. So May month is a good start for me. Hope my wishes are fulfilled this month. You both have made my day today. Today is actually my daughter's wedding anniversary and me and my husband had a feast as we attended Narayaneeyam. So we could take Lord's blessings and also enjoy the yummy food

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.